gsr what do you guys think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

I have a chance to get a gsr out of my freinds del sol he will give me every thing mounts axles wires ,etc who much do you think it worth and what else will I to make it work on a 93 si hb

I'd give him around 2200 area at most, mostly because youknow its been ripped on hardcore, etc.

LOL it was he only had the car for two weeks and he fliped over RIP del sol it was fun while it lasted it also had a problem with it it would rev up by its self but it worked fine it went fro 1000-1500 up and down a local shop said it was a sensor but i don't know

do i need to buy any thing else to make it work on my 93 si hb

Originally posted by dok@Feb 10 2004, 06:52 PM

Nope as long as he includes EVERYTHING. Axels, ECU, harness, etc

cool I did not want to pay for more shit can you give me more prices you guys think it worth

I would be sure to get the idle problem fixed before you pull the motor, though. You want it to run properly before you start a swap. Thats just me though. Oh, and I would try to get it under $3000, if you get everything. Thats a bargan.

Originally posted by dok@Feb 10 2004, 06:39 PM
LOL it was he only had the car for two weeks and he fliped over RIP del sol it was fun while it lasted it also had a problem with it it would rev up by its self but it worked fine it went fro 1000-1500 up and down a local shop said it was a sensor but i don't know

yeah, that's a problem with the oxygen sensor i believe, my friend has a b16 and it does that too.. it'll rev up, then rev down, then rev up, then rev down.... it's strange.

if it was flipped, it could have issues.

if the motor RAN while the car was upside down, i would not buy it.

oil an water pumps won't circulate for shit when they are upside down.

i dont think it ever ran while it was upside down and if it did it was probably no more than 30 seconds.. could da motor have gotten fucked up in that little bit of time?? i have not tried to start it since it happened.. some people told me to flush out the radiator and oil b4 i start it..

Originally posted by dok@Feb 11 2004, 12:52 AM

10 replies and no one mentioned that he would need teg/civic shiftlinkage. :bash:

well he did say everything and the del sol had to use a shiftlinkage so that is probably included in the "everything". yeah if that engine was running upside down and the oil pump isnt pumping oil and oil is not getting to anything it would be like running without oil.

Originally posted by highperboi@Feb 14 2004, 10:23 PM
well he did say everything and the del sol had to use a shiftlinkage so that is probably included in the "everything". yeah if that engine was running upside down and the oil pump isnt pumping oil and oil is not getting to anything it would be like running without oil.

the del sol shift linkage does not work on anything but a del sol

The Sol does take a different linkage than a Civic or Integra. The mounts, ecu, harnesses, and axles will be the same like most everyone knows.

Originally posted by highperboi@Feb 14 2004, 10:47 PM
but dont you need a integra shiftlinkage in order to use a gsr engine in a del sol??

:no:

for ANY (manual tranny) B series swap in a del sol you use the shift linkage for the Del Sol VTEC (DOHC model with the B16)

Back