gsr wheel weights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

claytonsmith

can anyone tell me how much the GSR wheels weigh? ( the 5 star looking ones) i dunno what the "slang" term is for them.. anyone care to enlighten me??

thanks

-clayton

16 pounds. next time theres a whole list of useful lil icons on the top of the page such as referance that may be used to answer your questions.

this website has a very extensive list of wheel weights... they are 16 lbs a piece.. check it out for your self if u would like. its in the refference section when u first enter the website... go to "wheel weights" then scroll down to acura. hope i was of some help

u mean the 03 ex rims that are the same as 99/00 si rims? (which are 15lbs) or are u talkin bout them stock black 14's with hubcaps.... i have no clue bout them. so i cant really answer your Q but the si rims would be better than the gsr's in my opinion

The 14 inch steelies are 18 pounds I believe... plus the hub caps, and those things aren't that light either. The 15 inch steelies on the 2001+ Civics are about 21-22 pounds each, plus hub caps.

I see both 15.5 and 16 pounds for the 5-star GSRs (94-95 GSR only), but the extra weight is worth the stealth and OEM durability to me. I'll switch to lightweights when I go play on the track.

ok.. well how about this.. has anyone ever stripped the clearcoat off of these wheels and painted them.. i know someone has, but can anyone on here tell me a little about it and what they used to strip them? i searched and couldnt find anything. i'm thinking about painting them black. i wanna do it.. because i cant afford to have a body shop spray them.. so what kind of paint should i use? auto paint?

thanks
clayton

hmm i'll have to find someone that has a blasting cab. my friend has a cheap sandblaster deal that you just drop a hose in a bucket of sane.. but sand will prolly/pit scratch the wheels right?

if you want lightest stock wheels go for the HX wheels only weigh like 11 lbs or 12 lbs a piece hehehe

Originally posted by red95solsi@Sep 13 2003, 01:36 PM
if you want lightest stock wheels go for the HX wheels only weigh like 11 lbs or 12 lbs a piece hehehe

VX wheels = 9 pounds, even lighter than the 11.75 pounds of the HX wheels.

Back