gsr whp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the vtec lobe on the s2s2 and the BC4 is identical. the difference in duration specs is probably a difference in where they were measured. duration at 0mm will be higher then duration at 1mm. however, the BC4 has a larger primary lobe giving a little more midrange power over the s2s2 (assuming same setup). for your setup, BC4's will be fine. but they wont idle as well as the s2s2 due to the slightly larger primary cam profile.

but the idle is nothing that cant be tuned. so the bc4 will make a little more power, there priced about the same

Your idle is mechanically affected though, you can't smooth a loping idle out with tuning. You can, make it idle well and in the correct range, but a lope is a lope, that's mechanical.

in the long run its worth it though and it wont cause any future problems because of it will it

in a drag race you wont notice the difference. you will always be in the vtec lobe. the BC4 is a more RR/autox oriented cam where midrange power is important too.

but no it wont cause any problems. the idle wont be bad, and can be tuned near perfect, yes.

you do know that the cams have 2 different cam profiles right? one not in vtec, and one when vtec engages. do you know how vtec works? and yes thats what i mean. in a drag race you wont ever drop out of VTEC, ie, when you shift your RPMs should drop to a rpm above the point where vtec kicks in.

how does that work... i know the lobe is bigger but its still going to only engage vtec at set rpm right?

ok but thats how its set up stock also isnt it? because when i shift i am still in vtec because i rev to 8200, yes i am away of how vtec works just not so much with lobe sizes and the effects

yea but it will sound funny but thats just cams for ya

ah i like that the solem ticking of the cam to valve makes it sound like a very well tuned car.. i like it but thats just me i guess

whats the diff between the pro2 and the stage 2? the specs i took were from a stage 2... what is the pro 2?

the pro2 is huge.

IN: 12.8mm/270
EX: 12.0mm/276

it also has big primaries too.

the stage series cams are more street cams, the pro series are more race cams. your setup would do well with some pro1's

you can see the specs of all skunk2 cams right from their website
CAMSHAFTS: Skunk2 Racing

bc4 in .306 duration, 12.3mm lift, Exhaust 302 duration, 11.8mm lift....

pro 1 IN. 0.496,264; EX. 0.469,264
pro 2 IN. 0.504,270; EX. 0.473,276

wow.... you dont think pro 1 would even be to much? seems to be alot more then the spec 4's

Back