gsr whp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the pro 2 has more lift but it looks like the bc4 has longer durration, where is the real power created. lift of durration?

its a trade off. increase lift and you start running into piston-valve clearance issues, increase duration and you start running into valve-valve issues. and like i said, you cant really trust duration specs. they are measured differently. from the looks of the numbers im sure the duration was measured at 0 lift. the skunk2's are probably measured at .050" (lowering the number)

for your motor, bc4 would be fine. dont think about the pro2's for your engine, they are too big. i was saying to use the pro2's in a 250+ build like the kind i listed. the pro1's would go nicely with your motor as well.

ok, off of professional and your own preferance... skunk2 pro+1 or bc4...
basically im going with one or the other you know more about it then me. either way im going to get it tuned and rev around 9k or to where it looses pwer looking for mid to high power seeing as how at low its only gonna be a 1st gear launch

thats alot of info but off of your preferance what would make more mid and highrange pwer and will run better? the bc4?
off of your personal opinion

Last edited:
i understand what your doin. i think iv learened more there then i have anywhere else, so if i want pwer and tq but dont want to wear my valves to much its still hard btw the bc4 and the s2s2, what is the lift in mm's on the s2s2 i didnt find that on the site

convert inches to mm by multiplying by 25.4

like i said, the skunk2stg2 and the bc4 have the same vtec profile

sorry i meant the skunk2 pro 1 cams not stage 2 my bad, im debating btw the pro 1 and the bc4
i am looking for mid and high rpm power.. this is going to be a drag car and sometime within the next 3 years i may try circuit, lift as far as i can tell would be better then duration either or both are better then stock i just need to decide what i want more of. lift or dur..

skunk2 pro 1
in 264, 12.5
ex 270, 11.9

bc4
in 306, 12.3
ex 302, 11.8

with a higher lift and less duration wont it rev faster also?

the power gaints btw the two wont be to far apart and the pwer ranges seem that they may be about the same give or take a few ftlbs. but i may be wrong

so the s2pro1 cams are basically for drag purpose only
if so i think ill just stick with the bc4

static compression? im unfamiliar with that

you really nailed that on the head...
you are right though. basically all im worried about is i do want big cams to make lots of pwer but i also want it to be reliable and not having them so big that i cant ever drive it off the track..
i will also use this car for track down the road but thats in some time... i dont have the suspention for it i dont necesarily have a power goal i just know its 225 and up. basically my goal is to run a 12 or under

ok, i think i may have to do that..
this i just wanted to ask another question though. on the other frum im talkin to you on we were talking about rod and main bearing sizes
this is what they are tell me whta you think

Rod = 44.980
Main = 54.980
Thrust Washer = 61.250

i asked the guy selling them what sizes they were all he said was

These are the Standard Sizes.
Rod = 44.980
Main = 54.980
Thrust Washer = 61.250

i was hopin you could tell me lol

the crank and rods are coming out of a b18b1 there bother going to be polished and whatnot (dont think that matteres) and there goin in my gsr block and im putting those high cr pistons in it, i will take a look at the link

because they are very good cams for street/weekend track use and have been shown to make more power then the pro 1's on mildly modded motors. i personally liek the RM line ever since i used the M24's. they sound liek a SBC at idle but rip up top.

uh thats not what he meant, lol. he meant more power in the upper rpms? lower rpms? entire spectrum?

from what ive seen in MANY dyno plots, the pro1's will make more lower-midrange power. the RM 22's will make more upper, and more peak. just depends what you want. personally id go with the pro1's and have more midrange power. but thats because i plan on doing more road course then drag. for a drag car id pic the rm. but thats just out of those 2 choices. dont limit yourself.

are the rms better then bc4's?

uh thats not what he meant, lol. he meant more power in the upper rpms? lower rpms? entire spectrum?

from what ive seen in MANY dyno plots, the pro1's will make more lower-midrange power. the RM 22's will make more upper, and more peak. just depends what you want. personally id go with the pro1's and have more midrange power. but thats because i plan on doing more road course then drag. for a drag car id pic the rm. but thats just out of those 2 choices. dont limit yourself.

lol, thats funny because i had actually typed mid to upper RPM's at first the deleted it thinking you were askign an obvious question. but yeah for differant purposes there are better cams, like said above. i don't think you would be disappointed with either the BC4's or a set of M22's.

i was looking up the bc4's and they are dyno proven on a stock block and a free flowing (2.5" inner diameter) exhaust system, custom tuned equal length 4-1 header (ex: DTR, HYTECH, SMSP, BISIMOTO) and tuning devices such as adjustable cam gears, high performance fuel injectors and fuel pump, hondata, are
Dyno Tested
250HP
235TQ

B18C1 Engine

what should i think of that? you guys are telling me i will only put down mid 200's with those and my new block setup

Back