GSR with High comp.and NOS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey guys, im planing on rebuilding my GSR motor to throw in my 91 CRX DX. i only have enough $$ right now to do; pistons, valvetrain, square the block and mill the head. i am plaing on going for high compression pistons like 12:1 or soemthing along those lines. and that i think was gona boost me up to around 210hp n/a or somewhere around there. then next summer i was gona put a dry nos system on it. would that be ok to do? having that high compression and then adding nos onto it? cuz i know it is a method of forced induction, and i know with turbo the ideal compression is like 9.5:1, so i dono if what i wana do is gona blow me up. thanks for your help.

Hmm... 12:1 compression with NOS = BOOM!

Seriously, I don't know, but I don't think it would be safe. Maybe a 35 shot at the most, or 50.

what kind of compression shuld i be looking at to use a 70shot of nos? like i said before i was trying to have some decent HP n/a then when i hit my nos i wanted to get over like 250hp or so. i know that the ideal compression for useing turbo is like 9.5:1 is it the same for NOS? i was hopping to atleast stay above 10.5:1. o and i wasnt plaing on replacing my rods, just my pistons. will new rods be needed for a 70shot? thanks for your input.

no2 really doens't have much effect on compression. you guys are just spreading more internet shit.

nitrous needs fuel. thats it. with plenty of fuel, it wil burn cool and give you a substaintial gain without melting shit inside the block.

I highly suggest a wet kit. its more effective, safer, and just as easy to install. a 50 shot wet is like a 100 shot dry.

people blow up who don't do any fuel mods. you will need some larger injectors and some fuel tuning to compensate/idel them.

both aem and hondata both now support nitrous injection control solenoids. you should look into that.

rods and pistons won't get you 210 whp either. maybe 180 if your lucky, probably in the high 160's to low 170s

Ex nay the high compression stuff , go stock compression and peice together a $1000 turbo kit and get your 210 easy, with about 5-6 psi, and boost it about 10psi and possibly get 260whp , N2O is cool but Turbo is cooler

Back