gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

00gsrn707

i have 00 gsr i have dc sports 4-2-1 header aem short ram intake and 5zigen fireball exhause with custom piping what can i do to add more power without spending much

does a new intake manifold increase more power than stock how much which one is best

Originally posted by 00gsrn707@Dec 26 2003, 05:42 PM
does a new intake manifold increase more power than stock how much which one is best

No.

turbocharger, and then do a port and polish and it'll help you...slightly.

the skunk2 unit has put down more power on the GSR motor versus the GSR stock Intake manifold.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 26 2003, 05:56 PM
the skunk2 unit has put down more power on the GSR motor versus the GSR stock Intake manifold.

with that being the only modification? how much more power?

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 27 2003, 12:10 AM
if i am not mistaken it was 6-8more whp in certain areas of the power band.

The skunk2 site says putting on the intake with the cams in a B18c adds 23.1 whp & 15 ft lbs of torque :)

Manifold.gif

green_line.gif
B18C + Skunk2 Racing Stage I VTEC Cams + Skunk2 Racing Manifold
red_line.gif
B18C + Skunk2 Racing Stage I VTEC Cams
blue_line.gif
B18C Stock

different header sence dc sucks, ctr or itr cams, different intake manifold, *tuning* prly the best you can do to get power and be a cheap ass ha, save up over the winter and buy a turbo, you don't need more power during the winter

it seems like he wants to go all motor.
in that case get the skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 stage1 cams, that looks like a good combo on that gsr dyno. i had this setup on my b16 and it was nice :) the stage 1's can run on your stock valvetrain also if you keep your stock redline.

i think i had got mine at import horizon.com? search on google for the best prices. any chance you live in the 707 area code?

what about Skunk 2 stage 2 people say that they are the best-to use in a B series engines,

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 4 2004, 05:58 AM-->
00gsrn707
@Dec 27 2003, 04:02 PM
where can ibuy skunk 2 stage 1 cAMS

www.skunk2.com or www.ebay.com

I also heard that skunk2 stage 2 cams aren't really that much of a pleasure to drive in daily stop and go traffic.

you have been mistaken. The Skunk2 stage 2 cams keep the same stock idle (lower cam profile) and has a more agressive secondary lobes.

The Skunk2 stage 2 cams should be matched with stiffer springs, retainors, and a good valve (use ITR valves)

Back