gsr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

td_civic

||=||(())||\\|||))//=\\
im new to honda swap, so sorry if this is in the wrong section
i hav a 94 civic sedan with a d16y in it, im very close to putting a b16a in it (like next week) but after reading lots of threads people keep talking about a gsr and i was just wondrin wat this is because the only thing i know that relates to gsr is like a 94 lancer but if anyone can plz clue me this would be much apprecited again sorry for the question its just really startin to piss me off

the gsr is the engine that comes in the higher line integras its the usdm equivalent of the itr (integra type r) its a b18 it is quite a bit better than the b16 as far as building it goes, it doesn't have much more hp than the b16 but it has more torque, its just a faster, stronger engine

k-series are good engines but not for the price. if you are just wanting to build a mean street car then i wouldn't go with k-series, it costs too much for the engine and the install, not to mention you probably wouldn't be able to do the install yourself

Im getting one for a good price and I get engines installed for basically free. Im going to be there when I get my swap watching and learning because its not hard to do and want to know how to do them.

thats you though, not the rest of us. if you can get a k-series engine for cheap and installed for free more power to you. im just not willing to spend $8,000 on just an engine and install

i would say go gsr or type r good swap and parts are fairly cheap and easy to find

thanx for the advice it clears up a hell of a lot, but im gettin a b16a and doin it up to roughly 250-300kw so thats more than enough for me

I 'm going to do a k-swap in my hatch soon, but to me a b-series is cheapier right now. Everyone wants a k so the b-series parts are going be abundant and you can probably piece together a nice all motor b-series or boosted one for less than 8,000.

yea b series prices are a lot nicer and u can still get a great deal of power, also the swap is easier to perform if u planned on doing it ur self. i cant do a swap but from what i have heard they are a lot easier.

i would build a gsr and slap a 16g or 18g turbo It will eat your B16 for lunch but good luck with what ever you decide remember tuning is everything!

Back