gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Juanlamonaca

my final question was can i use the stock drivers side mount to swap a gsr motor into my ek

no your going to need a 99-00 si timing belt bracket, also rear bracket as well not sure if you know that...

I just did mine this is what i had to use just to let you know.

99-00 si timing belt bracket

99-00 si rear bracket

B Series shift linkage

gsr throttle cable you can use any b series i believe

Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses

1 hose for the Heater core one of mine wouldnt work i used a GSR one and had to modify it a bit but it works.

im not running A/C or P/S but i know you need a Del Sol Vtec bracket for A/C not sure about P/S

no your going to need a 99-00 si timing belt bracket, also rear bracket as well not sure if you know that...

I just did mine this is what i had to use just to let you know.

99-00 si timing belt bracket

99-00 si rear bracket

B Series shift linkage

gsr throttle cable you can use any b series i believe

Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses

1 hose for the Heater core one of mine wouldnt work i used a GSR one and had to modify it a bit but it works.

im not running A/C or P/S but i know you need a Del Sol Vtec bracket for A/C not sure about P/S

WRONG
stock GSR mounts and brackets (if 94+ gsr) drop right in and bolt right up to eg/ek chassis
GSR throttle cable is different than other b series cables, get the cable that matches the engine.

I just did a gsr swap on my 00 ex, and I had to get the rear engine mount bracket from a 99-00 si, and my stock timing side mount did not work, but i just ended up buying a hasport mount kit. I would have needed the si bracket there also, if i didnt but the kit. I think the stock mount there would work on an eg, but not on an ek. Also if i remember correctly you need the gsr transmission mount also. I also know that you will need the ac bracket from a b16 del sol to retain you a/c (proved the honda dealership wrong on that one from the help of this site), and I think you might need the ps pump from the gsr to keep that, but dont quote me on that.

Last edited:
i went to majestic honda parts and i looked up the drivers side mount. but which is it the one that is connected to the timing belt or the other bracket that connects to the rubber mount

look in the refrence section under swap information in the post swaps 101, and trust me when I tell you this, I have done about 6 swaps into eg and ek chassis, if your b series engine is 94+ integra or jdm 92+civic then you do not need to change the mounts, 5th gen and 6th gen civics basically share the same chassis as the 3rd gen integra, and on top of all of that, any hydro tranny has the same upper tranny mount

look in the refrence section under swap information in the post swaps 101, and trust me when I tell you this, I have done about 6 swaps into eg and ek chassis, if your b series engine is 94+ integra or jdm 92+civic then you do not need to change the mounts, 5th gen and 6th gen civics basically share the same chassis as the 3rd gen integra, and on top of all of that, any hydro tranny has the same upper tranny mount

:asshat: your WRONG, The drivers side motor bracket(Not the rubber part of the mount) and rear t bracket on EKs are different from the EG DC motor mounts. The rest can be taken from an Integra but those are only the two front torque mounts and you don't have to have those. I have actually done a swap in an EK so take it from me, not this joker. Oh and buy the way, 6th gen civics have more in common with Crv's up to 2001 than any EG DC(Seriously its true!).

Last edited:
If the b16 comes with all the hoses on it you will be straight, But if not i am sure some can go over from the stock motor. But you can go to a parts store and buy replacements if you have too from a del sol dual cam or a 99-00 Si. Also, don't go out and buy integra radiator hoses, the lower one will work fine. Just spray some wd40 on the water neck on the motor and use some elbow grease, it works great. The upper one won't fit, what i did was cut a 90-93 integra hose a friend gave me, I think it was a lower but i don't remember, use hose clamps to tighten it down to the radiator but make sure to not over tighten it. It needs to be good and tight because it is going from a large diameter hose to a smaller diameter radiator but if you over tighten it you can break the plastic water neck on the radiator.

I just did this swap a gsr swap in my 00 ex, I bought the upper and lower radiator hose, but ended up just using the upper. The civic lower worked just fine (went on easier than the integra upper) , but there is not a chance of getting the upper to work. and about the mounts...listen to killercannible, he is 100% correct, those were the exact mounts I needed....Make sure you also get the gsr throttle cable, unless you want to be getting only 40% throttle at wot.

Last edited:
Back