GST!!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolty

My pal just got him a GST. He was talking about turbos and how he wants to make his GST have 300hp and to be a 11sec car! How easy is it to make a GST a 11sec,. Cuz he is talking about doing it with $4,000????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i dont know much about dsm, but a local guy here has a 98 gst with a HKS turbo kit/intercooler, etc., and he still gets beat by i/h/e '00 si's.

i dont know about 11 seconds for only 4k....sounds kinda far fetched, but anything's possible.

i guess you could put 4k wortha nitrous on that bad boy. lol.

Cuz I have seen 12sec GSX before, but that is a diff car with more hp!

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 10 2003, 11:52 AM
i dont know much about dsm, but a local guy here has a 98 gst with a HKS turbo kit/intercooler, etc., and he still gets beat by i/h/e '00 si's.

are you sure that is all the "Si" has cuz i use to have a buddy with a 97 GS-T and he used to shit on all sorts of different cars. and no, the GS-T wasn't stock.

i/h/e '00 Si = slow ass car...
I know, my girlfriend has one... I used to have one... I got stomped on all the time... and it's not just cuz I'm a shitty driver :D

Originally posted by delsolty@Oct 10 2003, 03:49 PM
My pal just got him a GST. He was talking about turbos and how he wants to make his GST have 300hp and to be a 11sec car! How easy is it to make a GST a 11sec,. Cuz he is talking about doing it with $4,000????

my mirage could do 11's cheaper than the cost of his gst + mods making it capable of those times. if you would like to know how, PM me.

Originally posted by delsolty@Oct 10 2003, 07:49 PM

It can be done. Use the 4k to dump as much hp into the engine with the proper management and tuning.

and then rip out the entire fucking interior... I mean everything. there you go, a 2000 lb car with 300 hp. will rip off some amazing 1/4s <_<

i have a friend with a gst and these are the mods

apexi safc
turbo xs bost controller
big 16g up grade
huge front mount (was told by these people www.automotosports.com it was almost to big)
550cc injestors
walbro fuel pump
venom fuel rail
injen intake
apexi exhaust no cat
it put down 280 when ams (www.automotosports.com) tunes it
and his fastest time is a 13.7 with no rear interior but it is also a auto

thell your friend that he needs to get a 6 bolt and build it or he is seting him self up for some nasty crankwalk. Also have him check out AMS thy are pretty good at tuning a dsm

There are lots of DSMs that run 10s and 9s, they're street legal also. Just not street reliable. And some people go into a shop and say, "I want 500 whp." The shop just slaps on enough nitrous to give it 500whp. Hp is just a number sometimes with that number you get good times, sometimes killer. Smaller cars with high number do alright, bigger cars with that number do alittle worse. Your friend needs to talk to whoever gave him the idea. And talk to other people. Before your buddy or you make a decision of spending 4 grand on some shit, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. But its not my cash, not my car, not my state of mind.

DSM +4K in mods = can run 11's.

Have seen this before many times, but good luck on longevity.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 11 2003, 03:30 PM-->
@Oct 10 2003, 07:49 PM

It can be done. Use the 4k to dump as much hp into the engine with the proper management and tuning.

and then rip out the entire fucking interior... I mean everything. there you go, a 2000 lb car with 300 hp. will rip off some amazing 1/4s <_<

a GST is still FWD i believe. you can do the same in a mirage, with full interior, for less. :D

He never specified a year to the GS-T. The older ones were AWD. But yeah the newer ones are FWD.

Eventually I might try to grab one of the AWD models and do a few minor bolt ons here and there. :)

All years had the option of AWD. Except those god awful 2000 and up ones...
They just suck.

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 11 2003, 09:19 PM
All years had the option of AWD. Except those God awful 2000 and up ones...
They just suck.

:werd:

I hate the newer ones.

I'd take this one, which is a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2 Dr GSX Turbo 4WD Hatchback:

007942-E.jpg

But this model is the best IMO: I love the lines and the body itself.
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2 Dr GSX Turbo 4WD Hatchback:

007874-E.jpg

007968-E.jpg

Back