GT3 drifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver

since not all of us have RWD cars or money to buy tires, i picked up my good ol gt3 cd and started screwing around, so now i have a couple very nice configurations to drift with for newbs...not very high hp or speeds but still fun

silvia k's 1800cc 18,860 credits 302 hp/6600 rpm (give or take from oil change)
suspension - fully customized, sports brakes, break balance controler
drivetrain - racing muffler, sports chip, port polish, engine balance, full race transmission, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, full customized LSD, carbon driveshaft
turbo - stage 2, race intercooler (yes NA is better for drifting probably but this worked for me)
front racing med tires, rear sports tires
stage 2 lightening
TUNING (front then rear)
spring rate: 6.5, 8.0
ride height: 98, 99
shock bound: 6, 7
shock rebound: 6, 7
camber angle: 3.0, 2.0
toe angel: 0, 0
stabilizers: 3, 3
brake balance: 6, 19
lsd: initial = 0/50, accel = 0/50, decel = 0/26
gear: whatever, i have it at auto 27
ASM/TCS both level 0

good car to start on since its relatively low powered and its forgiving if you oversteer too much

to lazy to post any others up, if you want them or want to learn how to drift IM me or PM me

i just saved up till i won that Suzuki rally car, then went into the 10,000 or was it 100,000? race on the oval track. i put a rubber band around the joystick that controlls the steering and another rubber band on the button for the gas.

basically the car just goes in a circle for 100 laps, hitting the wall, but its so fast it beats out the other cars.

i turn my t.v. off, come back in an hour and got a shitload of money and a new car.

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 9 2003, 04:57 PM
i just saved up till i won that Suzuki rally car, then went into the 10,000 or was it 100,000? race on the oval track. i put a rubber band around the joystick that controlls the steering and another rubber band on the button for the gas.

basically the car just goes in a circle for 100 laps, hitting the wall, but its so fast it beats out the other cars.

i turn my t.v. off, come back in an hour and got a shitload of money and a new car.

:D
badass. ill have to try that.

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 9 2003, 05:57 PM

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

easier way..just race european tour or whatever on amateur, save before last race then keep trying to get vertigo race car, and if you get something else load and do it again. i get around 350,000 in 20 mins but it involves work actually :sleep:

I always loved playing with the Cobra R... That thing was a MEAN MEAN controllable drifting machine... But it was domestic, so everyone raggs on it. :(

i hate all rwd cars on there.....fucking ass slides out like crazy when i take turns.

my FAVORITE car on there is the F1 indy car. i love going around turns @ 160mph or whatever and 0wning all other cars in the race

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 10 2003, 03:32 AM
i hate all rwd cars on there.....fucking ass slides out like crazy when i take turns.

my FAVORITE car on there is the F1 indy car. i love going around turns @ 160mph or whatever and 0wning all other cars in the race

that's cuz you can't drive.

and FYI, there are at least 4 indy cars.

eh, i played it the other day w/out any saves. i started off w/ the trueno, totally modded it out, and then bought some simulation tires.

I started GT1 and GT2 with the Del Sol :hide:

GT3, I bought a Pulsar GTiR.

I started with the PT crusier. the thing was alright.

The only thing I dont like about the f1 car (i only have one) is that the top speed is kinda slow. When you are in a big series, it is hard to get that thing over 210 mph. The LeMans cars kill you.

in GT2 i started off with a Civic hatchback. that was a fun lil car...especially when you add turbo :)

On GT2 there is a nice little CRX you can win and it does not put out a lot of power when you mod it to the max but it handles so well that you can take guys with 100+ more hp than you with ease.

Peace*

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 10 2003, 03:36 AM-->
@Jul 10 2003, 03:32 AM

that's cuz you can't drive.

and FYI, there are at least 4 indy cars.

bah. i cant drive, i just hate to have to slow down to take turns.....

ergo, the black f1 is my baby

F090/S pwnz j00..actually heard some others were better
karnash - do you have TCS and uhh..the other option on? you shouldnt slide as much then, and if you do dont run full throttle through turns ^_^
how far have you guys gotten? 61.8% for me..professional league races are :zzz:

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 10 2003, 08:29 AM
The only thing I dont like about the f1 car (i only have one) is that the top speed is kinda slow. When you are in a big series, it is hard to get that thing over 210 mph. The LeMans cars kill you.

i assume you can adjust the gear ratios on the F1 cars right? set your transmission to the widest gear ratios possible. i believe my Z06 was doing 230-235 mph so their F1 car should be able to top that.

I always use the Audi TT Lemans Car. The thing does like 220 area and gets up there fast, and it handles awesome, but yeah for over kill just get shit like the HKS drag cars in GT2 and shit like that. All you do is burn out but you can get them over 280ish with drafting.

Back