Gt3584r, is this a good turbo or not

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

canejuicegary

I have purchased a garrett gt3584r with 0.82ar turbo because i liked the specs on it, i have a fully built h22 installed in a 93 civic eg hatch, i have not installed the turbo yet, my concern is that i cant seem to find any info or review on this turbo and i am starting to wonder if i have purchased a turbo that has issues because nobody seems to be running them.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

thats a great turbo. plenty of hondas out there running them.i hope your h22 is built tto handle it.

anything by garrett is pretty good. my question is, why are you asking now and not before you bought it?

It's a pretty serious turbo. You should be able to make 500+ off that with proper fuel/supporting mods

make sure it's legit though. if you bought if off of ebay, it could be a replica. garrett has a lot of copied turbos that aren't as good.

Thanks guys for your replies. @ matt96hb yes my motor is built to handle 900hp safely, @ 95b16coupe, i originally bought a gt3582r from a vendor who was also advertising the gt3584r on ebay, after studying the two i decided to get the latter,from my understanding it seems that what the vendor did was to get a garrett authorised machinist to modify the gt3582r into a gt3584r, am gonna post the vendors name in a subsequent post so that i can get some reviews on him whether he does good work or not or if he is even legit, please forgive me guys if i am doing this thing in reverse ie, spend then research, its just that i am just getting into the world of boost and i am learning the expensive way.

Back