GT4 has some serious competition.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

So I bought MechAssault 2 yesterday, mostly because I enjoyed the first one. It's pretty good, but it's the little bonuses that make ya smile. So I open the plastic wrap, and read the back of the case. I get to the bottom of the description, and lo and behold - There's a little tiny graphic that says "Includes playable demo of Forza Motorsport". Squeeling with glee I throw it in the seXbox and fire up the demo.

Ladies and gentlemens, for those of you who haven't found a playable demo of your own, this is a VERY impressive game. The graphics are some of the best racing game graphics I have seen in playable form yet. The cars are modelled very accurately, and the physics engine seems to be very well done.

They also say in the Demo that there will be very extensive customization (performance as well as exterior). Not like the GT series where you buy "turbo stage 1" or "engine port and polish" and things of that nature. I think they will go the way of the tuner games a little and offer you name brands. The thing that excited me the most is they also said that motor swaps will be an upgrade option.

Sweet. I'm glad I didn't return that game yet to the rental place. That disk is finally worthwhile. I didn't care for MechAssault 2 that much. The single player campaign is glitchy and poorly designed. The multiplayer is alright, but the whole highjacking a Mech is very gay because of the key-combo thing.

I could care less which is better. I have both anyway, so scr00 j00. :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 5 2005, 05:27 PM
ps2 > xbox
[post=441404]Quoted post[/post]​

Smoking rock > u

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 5 2005, 10:27 AM
ps2 > xbox
[post=441404]Quoted post[/post]​

that's a negative. i've got both. xbox is better in almost every way.

xbox > ps2. smoother graphics, able to load your own music, no need to buy add-ons like the controller thingee if you want more than 2 people playing, you don tneed to buy an external modem. Sure the ps2 plays dvd's, but who really uses that as their primary dvd player?? not anyone i know.

:werd:

xbox shyts on PS2 in everyway...
xbox>ps2

PS2 games > xbox games, mostly..xbox has the top few games through

EDIT: and im not being biased, i own PS2 and not xbox...

i am soo looking forward to Forza to come out. its gonna be badass because you can do motor swaps, adjust air pressure in your tires and tune the car alot better than you can in the GT-series. its gonna be sic.

Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS2 by a long shot :)

I've been hearing quite a bit of hype concerning forza, and will more than likely end up picking up both gt4 and forza.

As to whether or not ps2 is better than xbox, it really depends on what criteria you are comparing the two by. Graphics and accessories wise xbox spanks the ps2, with better graphics, standard hard drive. modem and 4 control ports. But in terms of third party support, and quality of games ps2 owns xbox hands down. Never once had any problems at all with the ps2, hardware or software wise, i cannot say the same for my xbox. Though if a game comes out on both systems i typically get it for ps2, simply because i like the controller better.

ps2 > Xbox

Why?

128bit RISC shits all over Intel 32 bit CISC. No snazzy video card and hard drive can cover that up.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 5 2005, 05:01 PM
I got that demo awhile ago, it absolutely rocks. But I suck so badly at driving with my thumbs. :D

I have all three systems and if a game is available for all three or PS2/Xbox, I always get the Xbox version because it always looks better. Hell, look at Splinter Cell and GTAIII, and when San Andreas comes out for Xbox it'll blow the choppy PS2 version out of the water. I haven't personally had any major problems with any of my systems, but my girl's seen basically twice as many broken/malfunctioning PS2s as both of the other systems combined in the last two years.
[post=441601]Quoted post[/post]​

hate to brake the bad news, but San Andreas isnt going to be released on xbox. but I have to agreee GTAIII and Vice city do look better on xbox, but you have to figure it was released on xbox way after ps2 released Vicecity, so all that time to adjust the graphics for xbox. both systems have there plus and minus. its all in preference.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 5 2005, 03:41 PM
xbox > ps2. smoother graphics, able to load your own music, no need to buy add-ons like the controller thingee if you want more than 2 people playing, you don tneed to buy an external modem. Sure the ps2 plays dvd's, but who really uses that as their primary dvd player?? not anyone i know.
[post=441544]Quoted post[/post]​

i use it as my primary DVD player, but thats about all i use it for. ever since i got my XBOX thats all the PS2 has been good for. also its the only DVD player i own so i have no choice.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 5 2005, 09:41 PM
[post=441544]Quoted post[/post]​

Also when you get your Xbox modded it is insane. I have like 20 games on my harddrive, tons of screensavers, music, no plug-in needed to play DVDs, and it can play any type of DVDR. I'm sure PS2 can get that all done too, but it still has lame tiny controls I hate, so it will never be equal, ever.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jan 5 2005, 06:38 PM
hate to brake the bad news, but San Andreas isnt going to be released on xbox.
[post=441623]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess you didn't see this Press Release...

If I wanted an Intel based system that I couldn't upgrade much, I'd buy a laptop, not an Xbox. The Xbox is the only time anyone would call a low end PC an awesome gaming platform. Why in the hell did they use a Pentium processor in a gaming system?

Back