GT4 has some serious competition.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jan 5 2005, 06:07 PM
ps2 > Xbox

Why?

128bit RISC shits all over Intel 32 bit CISC. No snazzy video card and hard drive can cover that up.
[post=441602]Quoted post[/post]​

that, and microsoft makes it. lol

i'd have to say... i like them both. i don't own an xbox yet, but i will.... i own almost every gaming system out there...

i have the gamecube for the kids... and mariokart/mariogolf :p

i have the ps2 for all the ff games i play... and gt of course...

i'd LOVE to have the xbox for fable, forza, and a few other games that are on xbox only. one of my friends let me borrow his, and i can tell you, they each have their strong points... and i don't really care which is better... i'm just playing a fooking video game... they look pretty much the same to me.

when you show me a video game that looks like real life... and it isn't just a full motion video clip... then i'll be sold... no matter who makes it. :)

sorry about the back from the dead but good lord can u believe how awesome this is gonna be (so long GT4)

Physics take a quantum leap in this simulation. Only the best, most experienced designers could achieve a goal as difficult as simulating physical reality on a virtual platform. Most consoles would fall short in the power category when it came to computing all the variables used in Forza Motorsport, but Xbox can handle it—and the game takes full advantage of its platform capabilities.

For example, when using a double “A” arm suspension, compression produces negative camber, the camber and weight affect tire heat, and this in turn affects pressure. Forza Motorsport takes all these variables into consideration … and more.

link to whole site

PS2>Xbox

Why?

Because I can play GT4 while you x box guys have wet dreams about a game which actually might be on the same level.

ahh, time for my piece.

overall xbox > ps2

HOWever the PS2 does stomp the living dog piss out of the X in some catergories.

-wayy more/better RPGs
-GT4
-GT4
-GT4
-GT4
-the slim is hott
-doesnt break AS OFTEN as the xbox

but LIVE kills PS2 online, and if youve played Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, then theres a big fat reason why the box is better.

SplinterCell:Chaos Theory = most realistic graphics ev4r.

and last i heard GTA:SA early June for Xbox

okay, i'm a ps2 fan, but a modded xbox kicks the ps2's ass... i have a friend with a huge hard-drive and shit on his xbox and has at least 25 games and some movies and shit on it, and still has a shit load of space left. however, i hate the xbox controller (playstation controller kicks ass, but i think the n64 controller was the best setup ever. the joystick was basically in the perfect place. GOLDENEYE, YO!). i digress, driving games on ps2 rock, but i also love fable, and only having two controllers kinda sucks when ya got friends over. and oh yea, the xbox is bulky and heavy; i like the fact that the ps2 is nice and portable. anyway, i don't really think it's a matter of which one is better, they're just different. and for those of you who say graphics, graphics, GRAPHICS..... graphics depend more on the game developer than the system. i mean, seriously, look at GT4.

p.s.- shit, i said shit a shit load of times in the first three lines, and i didn't even notice it. :p

anybody who thinks the xbox controller sucks hasn't played enough Halo

Originally posted by hondarin@Apr 15 2005, 12:52 AM
i have a friend with a huge hard-drive and shit on his xbox and has at least 25 games and some movies and shit on it, and still has a shit load of space left.

yep, its great getting a game for 4 bucks at blockbuster :)

as for graphics, take the same game on a ps2, then play it on a xbox. xbox looks a shitload better

burnout 3 comes to mind

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Apr 15 2005, 06:12 AM
[post=487385]Quoted post[/post]​

Keyboard + mouse > your controller

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Apr 17 2005, 12:08 AM-->
Silverchild79
@Apr 15 2005, 06:12 AM

[post=487874]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm just now getting used to keyboard/mouse controls, I still like the controller better, but the K/M combo is much more responsive.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 16 2005, 06:50 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 17 2005, 12:08 AM
Silverchild79
@Apr 15 2005, 06:12 AM

[post=487874]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm just now getting used to keyboard/mouse controls, I still like the controller better, but the K/M combo is much more responsive.
[post=487882]Quoted post[/post]​

We were only arguing about PS@/Xbox controllers. Besides Keyboard/mouse isn't better unless ur playing RTS or FPS. You ever try to do a raging demon on a keyboard? Or play Nascar with the arrow keys? It isn't fun...

I'd think fighting games would ten times easier on a K/M, much fastser than a joystick. Though yea, driving games are better with either a stick or a wheel.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 15 2005, 12:18 AM
-doesnt break AS OFTEN as the xbox
[post=487331]Quoted post[/post]​

ive seen way more broken PS2s than XBOXs(actually ive seen no broken xboxs, just broken ps2s)

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Apr 17 2005, 12:29 PM
Or play Nascar with the arrow keys? It isn't fun...
[post=488007]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't see why not...

Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Left Up Up Up Up Up Up YOU WIN!!!

Back