GT4088R Spool Time??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostjunkie

Hey guys, I am thinking of setting up a B18C1 JDM turbo build. Should be around 2.1L with compression ratio of 9.5:1. I am thinking of running a twin scroll gt4088r and I am trying to find out where it should start to spool and when I should see full boost? Any guys out there with setups close to this feel free to comment. Thanks.

A GT40 is a bit overkill. If i were you i wouldnt go anything bigger than a GT35. I have a GT30 on my MR2 and it puts down 383 whp. I start getting boost at about 2650 and full boost at 3200. What a/r are you going with?

Was going to go with a .85 a/r for the gt4088r to help with spool time. That is why I wanted some feedback from guys that have a close setup to what I want to do. Or I would go with maybe the .82 a/r for the GT35R if I was to use that turbo.

i would definetly go with the GT35r. With that turbo and your motor you will be running at about 82% efficency. With that GT4088r you would be around 71%. Run 1bar daily and get a 1.5 or 1.75bar map with race fuel and with good tunes, you should be throwin down somewhere between 350 and 500whp

Thanks alot man. I have also come across 2 other interesting turbos. The T04Z ball bearing which is bigger than the gt35r but smaller than the gt40r. There is also the gt3567r which is the gt35r turbine with the T04r compressor. Please comment on these turbos if you guys have used any. Thanks

i have actually had a gt3567r on my third gen eclipse and that was by far the best turbo i've had. It took a little longer to spool than my GT35r but there was no drop off at high rpm's. I highly reccomend it. As for the T04Z i've heard stories of the power these are capable of but have never experienced it.

i have actually had a gt3567r on my third gen eclipse and that was by far the best turbo i've had. It took a little longer to spool than my GT35r but there was no drop off at high rpm's. I highly reccomend it. As for the T04Z i've heard stories of the power these are capable of but have never experienced it.

Thanks a lot guy. I hope to hear from other guys who are or have used these turbos.

Back