Gtechpro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

keehnel1414

I was thinking about getting one of those gtech pro compition meters and wondered if anybody has used one before. In case you don't know what it is..... It is a little device that mounts on you dash that can read hp, torque, g forces, rpms and other things. If you have any comments on this topic please let me know before i buy one.

from what i hear they are not very accurate, your money would be spent better somewhere else like a trip to the drag strip and an hr on a dyno.

Ya that is kind of what I was wondering. On thier website they say it is accurate within 3%. But i wasn't sure. Has anybody else used this product or know anything about it?

I trust their 1/4 speed/time but that's it. I took the regular G-Tech to a marked quarter mile on a highway it hit perfect.

the HP was 10hp off and 12ft-tq off when we tested it here on a honda and that was on a dyno as well. when we ran the quater mile time it hit it .36 off so IMO its very accurate if you want something do a quick find on your HP, TQ, and 1/4

Viperlocc_B18C1 Posted on Apr 20 2003, 05:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the HP was 10hp off and 12ft-tq off when we tested it here on a honda and that was on a dyno as well. when we ran the quater mile time it hit it .36 off so IMO its very accurate if you want something do a quick find on your HP, TQ, and 1/4

I was wondering if the g tech's horsepower was lower or higher than the dyno. If it was lower then i think that the gtech is pretty damn accurate, because the gtech measures the horespower with drag. So if his car had a lot of drag it would have made the gtechs horespower reading lower than a dyno because a dyno doesn't have drag. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 20 2003, 08:55 PM
Viperlocc_B18C1 Posted on Apr 20 2003, 05:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if the g tech's horsepower was lower or higher than the dyno. If it was lower then i think that the gtech is pretty damn accurate, because the gtech measures the horespower with drag. So if his car had a lot of drag it would have made the gtechs horespower reading lower than a dyno because a dyno doesn't have drag. :rolleyes:

good point.

it's gay. i bought one. gave it away. biggest waste of 140 dollars ever.

you can buy an hour of dyno time for 140 and get real numnbers

um have yall read the latest turbo magazine? they do a review of some dynos and all of them read different. they tested 5 different dynos and even the dynojets in windoes and dos. the hp rating between the win and dos versions was about 8hp apart.

i would get a gtech just for tuning. get a baseline power then work off of that.

Just to clear this up i was talking about the new gtech pro/compition. You guys are thinking about the old sckool one. The new one costs 250.

250 and you can use it over and over agian and agian. Plus i can charge all my friends 20 bucks to use it. 15 friends =$300. I got profiet on this mo and I think that it gives you pretty accurate results. :rolleyes:

gtech cant tune your car. dyno time > gtech. i think the way it works is it use and accelerometer and you punch in the weight of the vehicle or some shit. i highly doubt it accounts for drag. theres no way that little box can do all that.

there's so many things about the gtech pro i wanna clear up... one, there's a rollout setting involved when you do a 1/4mile run (cuz u get some rollout before the timer at the strip starts ticking) two, there's aerodynamic drag involved in it's horsepower measurements. three, the gtech pro and even the old gtech will only be as accurate as the user with entering accurate weight numbers, running the car on a flat surface, and properly using the device according to the manual - which more people should read, and can even download without buying the gtech pro.

i ran the gtech pro set with a 12" rollout and deep staged at Infineon Raceway (formerly known as Sears Point)... the boards lit up saying 15.743 and my gtech read 15.738, and both my timeslip and gtech read 2.4 in my 60ft. Is that testament enough? And if you're wondering why my times are so slow in my d16a6/y8 mini-me CRX, it was wet, the event was eventually cancelled due to rain.

gtech cant tune your car. dyno time > gtech. i think the way it works is it use and accelerometer and you punch in the weight of the vehicle or some shit. i highly doubt it accounts for drag. theres no way that little box can do all that

Yes it does :angry: . Go to the website Gtechpro. Here is how I see it. Pretend air is drag and your hand is a car. Move your hand back and forth and you can move it fast which is g forces. Now put a big rubber mit on like the ones you can get at the baseball or whatever sport games (they are not rubber, but pretend you had one on). Try and move you hand really fast with the mit on. You can't move it as fast because the air causes more drag which makes less gforces. Hard to explain website does it better but that is my take on the subject. :rolleyes:

i didnt say anything about the accuracy. i just wanted to point out that you cannot tune your car with a gtech. someone said they could tune off peak horse power alone. that a great way to fuck your car up.

i understand how drag works dood. can you enter your cars coef. of drag? fuck no.

yes you can tune your car. Also i don't get what you said by tuning off peak horsepower but any way. You can tune your car with the gtech. Here is an example. Say you just put new vtec cams in your car. You have a vtec controller and want to know what rpm to kick vtec that gives you the most hp. You can change the vtec then run your car with the gtech get hp numbers and then do it agian untill you find the best engagement point. That my friend is tuning. Want another example let me know. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back