gtg swap meet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

i was just wondering if any one would be interested in trying to plan a swap meet of some sorts in the next few months

i see there are a lot of shows and general gatherings of honda drivers but wouldnt it be nice to see all the cars AND get rid of all those parts in your garage or find the parts that you need to finish your swap? wouldnt you rather deal with people and not just some words on your monitor?

v-dub guys have been doing it for a while with great success

:feedback:

im in northern VA
this definatley wouldnt happen for a few months
the v dub guys rented a race track and had the swap meet set up in the parking lot, had drag races and auto cross and a small car show
they charged admission to get in, to race, to sell ,etc
they have been doing this for like 20 years i think this was the 55th one they held

it would take a lot of work to get going but its definatley feasible

Northern VA is a bit of a drive for me... but doable. Mmmm... Skyline Drive. :)

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 2 2004, 10:58 AM
im in northern VA
this definatley wouldnt happen for a few months
the v dub guys rented a race track and had the swap meet set up in the parking lot, had drag races and auto cross and a small car show
they charged admission to get in, to race, to sell ,etc
they have been doing this for like 20 years i think this was the 55th one they held

it would take a lot of work to get going but its definatley feasible

SMALL car show? Try again dude... Its waterfest... and its not just a track that they rent... Its ENGLISHTOWN RACEWAY... The swap meet is usually about 50-70 people selling ALL KINDS of used parts, then about 50-75 vendors selling parts, then about 50-75 cars autoXing, then about 100-150 more cars drag racing, then about another 300-500 at the car show, then another 300-500 at the exhibition area, then about another 1000 cars in the outer parking lot...

Waterfest is NUTZ..

And I'd be interested if it was closer to home.

penn isnt to far from me
what im thinking about isnt just a gtg it wouldnt work without people actually reserving spots to sell things and at least 400-500 people coming to check it out

its quite an involved process to get something like this to happen
its gonna take a large group effort to do it

and yes skyline is great!!

i was talking about bug out
on a first try at this it will def not be like waterfest

this is just an idea at the moment
just trying to get some feedback to see how many people would be interested

Back