Guages

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16stalyun

Now ive done the re-search on this subject and im having a turbo installed on my car. The guy whos doing the work said I really only need boost and an EGT gauge and i can tell how the car is running. From what ive read
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The bare minimum gauges you should have are water temperature, oil pressure, boost, and an air fuel ratio (Autometer) gauge.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]this guy has a turbo lexus w/1jz motor and he says he only uses EGT and boost. and his wife drives it to work every day. So im having an issue with what to believe, the site or the tech.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

personal preference.

you dont even need a guage....use guages at the shop when you tune it and then that's it.

if you want guages, i say get what ever guages you deam most important first.

i would have boost and oil pressure in the cabin. fuel pressure in the engine bay. volt meter by the battery wherever it may be.

its funny though, i know that if i got all the guages i wanted my dash board would look like a cockpit! LOL

i just want to be safe and not sweat if i smell somthing or hear somthing while im driving and go "oh shit" whats that

just get a cheap laptop, tuck it away in the dash or the trunk or someplace, mount a monitor in your dash, and get a datalogging utility like hondata. just display everything on the LCD screen in the dash. that's the most complete you can get i'd say lol.

just get a cheap laptop, tuck it away in the dash or the trunk or someplace, mount a monitor in your dash, and get a datalogging utility like hondata. just display everything on the LCD screen in the dash. that's the most complete you can get i'd say lol.

and the most expensive.

Back