Guess the repair cost game!

How fucked am I?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Hit a fucking patch of snow-covered ice at 5mpg right into a curb which was perpendicular to my direction. Steering wheel is 90 degrees off and had to put on the spare.

483073_10151133061928511_243944116_n.jpg

If you've got the spare on one of the front wheels, the steering wheel will probably be off a bit. However, if you bent/broke something in the undercarriage, there have been MULTIPLE recalls on Dodge Ram wheel hubs, ball joints, and steering linkages. You may not come out TOO bad.

On the other hand, if all you need is a wheel, OEM Dodge 20's aren't cheap :p

It was 90 even with the OEM wheel on there. Hoping its a tie rod and not much else. Bought a 20 on ebay last night for 164/shipped. Will have my bud mount/balance for me when it gets in.

Hopefully it just a fucked up wheel

Those toyotas are awesome. I want one just like that one. Maybe not the crewmax, but still. GREAT truck.

you got lucky on that wheel. another firend needed one and the dealer wants like 1000 for it each.

you got lucky on that wheel. another firend needed one and the dealer wants like 1000 for it each.

If that was the case I'd rock some AR steelies with some mickey's for a few bucks more.

after just completing steering and suspension session last night for college.im going to go out on a limb and say if the steering is that far off,you for sure bent a tie rod,and most likely twisted the torsion rod inside the steering rack,which almost nobody will rebuild the rack,they will replace it.

Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

15186d1300410296-bondage.gif

if we're talking just parts with you doing the labor, i'd say you're not gonna be above 400 bucks...total....wheel balance and alignment...maybe add another 100-150 depending on if you get raped or not.

assessment continues. Probably going to need a new (used) knuckle and a new LCA. YEAH! Final estimate in the AM.

All of this for 5 fucking mph. Nuts.

....LCA.....for 5mph.

The lesson that should be learned here....dodge apparently doesn't build their trucks to take a beating....which seems kinda odd.

I'm suspect of this 5mph number.

Back