Guess the repair cost game!

How fucked am I?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5mph killed my Si's entire front clip and core support. :(

....LCA.....for 5mph.

The lesson that should be learned here....dodge apparently doesn't build their trucks to take a beating....which seems kinda odd.

I'm suspect of this 5mph number.

hand to my son, it was in a parking lot.

Check out the frame real close. If the lca got bent it could also have twisted the frame a little where it mounts up.

Those Tundras are freaking expensive. I don't like the looks of them but they are good trucks.

You've seen E's head. It would've totaled a Semi. lol

?

images

I've always been sad texas doesn't get a winter (or at least one that lasts more than a few weeks).

Something to take away from this is one of the few times the roads did ice over I ran my protege into a barrier at......son of a bitch that's why the tie rod broke.

Last edited:
new lower control arm
new spindle assembly
alignment (incl toe/camber/caster)
5 hours labor

$1150. FML

Why Dodge thought it was a good idea to make spindle/knuckle assemblies out of aluminum is perplexing to me.

after everything is fixed and aligned,drive it down the straightest/smoothest road and report back with any pulling situations.its a miracle you didnt destroy the components inside the rack.

Just a question... So all you need to fix the truck is a few suspension pieces? You cant get them used and install them yourself? It would be waaay cheaper... The only reason id have a shop fix it is if the frame needed a pull, or it needed bodywork... 1150 is alot of money for that dude...

Just a question... So all you need to fix the truck is a few suspension pieces? You cant get them used and install them yourself? It would be waaay cheaper... The only reason id have a shop fix it is if the frame needed a pull, or it needed bodywork... 1150 is alot of money for that dude...

I could, but I don't have the time. I'll gladly pay the money to get the car back as quickly as possible.

from what i've heard on the tundras they eat gas like a mofo, worse than the american jobbers
not really surprised by all the damage, those trucks are heavy and they don't build them like they used to
all the curbs i ever had similar situations with usually just cost me a tire.

Back