Guess what I got...Guess who has to pay for premium now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
...has to pay for premium gas now?

'02 WRB WRX in prestine condition with 24,500 miles sits in my driveway as of this past Friday. I picked it up for $14,350 before taxes after months of waiting it out to find a loan institution that would provide me with a small loan to cover a small part of the car that was owned by a third party leasing company.

The car was leased its entire lifespan to one owner, the guy who I bought the car from. He sold the car to me for his buyout plus a small amount of cash that left me with a car thats $2500 under Kelly Blue Book for private party value.

I just cleaned the interior today, although its prestine and basically I just went back over the entire interior for no apparent reason.

Unfortunately the car is unregistered right now since I'm waiting for the title to be released by the leasing company. The insurance and inspection are in order, so the last order of business is to get this thing registered hopefully by friday at the latest because I'm really itching to go on my first driving outing in the car all by my lonesome...of course I'm going to pick up just about every friend I know to drive in this thing because it has me smiling like a school boy.

Mods/Options currently on the car;
Security system
Extended Arm rest
Boost Gauge
Rear Spoiler
Sideskirts
cobb AccessECU stage 1
Blitz full catback exhaust
Cusco front sway bar
Momo short shifter kit
GFB Blow off Valve
Clearn corner markers
Modified headlights

I have received all the stock parts with the car as well, so there's no worries there.

Currently its sitting on stock rims and tires. I haven't bit the bullet yet, but I think I'll be picking up the 18" OZ P1 rims in silver with pirelli tires for $800 from the seller.

I don't have any pictures of the car as of yet, but here's some pictures from the previous owner when it had the OZ rims on. I'll snap some new ones when I snag a decent digital camera and its light out.

I say get rid of the BOV, not doing you any good.. also I'd get rid of the AP and save up for a UTEC..

But very nice! I love the WRB.. great price also.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I say get rid of the BOV, not doing you any good.. also I'd get rid of the AP and save up for a UTEC..

Do you think I can actually get anything for the BOV or the cobb ecu? How much will the UTEC run me?

Yes.. Its the Acessport right? you can sell that for around 550 on NASIOC easy, and the bov should be easy to get off your hands.

you can get a used UTEC for about 600 - 800 ..

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Do you think I can actually get anything for the BOV or the cobb ecu? How much will the UTEC run me?

Yes.. Its the Acessport right? you can sell that for around 550 on NASIOC easy, and the bov should be easy to get off your hands.

you can get a used UTEC for about 600 - 800 ..

Thanks.

LOL the gap between $600-800 is pretty large :mrgreen:. I'll have to check it out. If I can get $550 for the cobb ecu, and the UTEC for $600 then I'll do it.

I'm not sure if the the ecu is a accessport, I copy and pasted his description of it into the mods list because I was unsure. I believe he said that it came out before the accessport or something but for an additional fee you can build it into an accessport or something.?? :confused:

while thats a good deal on some rims/tires... i dont like the look of it for some reason... maybe in [goldmember]GGGOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD[/goldmember]

Quoted post[/post]]
while thats a good deal on some rims/tires... i dont like the look of it for some reason... maybe in [goldmember]GGGOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD[/goldmember]

Believe me, I'd prefer some Rotas or Volks <drool> in gunmetal, flat black, bronze, or gold but I'm not getting an insane deal on those.

Quoted post[/post]]
gunmetal motegi trak lites would do that car wonders, i have them on my car and love them :mrgreen:

Yeah, by the time tax, title, registeration is done I'm out about $15,500. Insurance is $170 a month for full coverage, car payment is $185 a month for 3 years. I go to school full time, and I wait tables four nights a week. If I didn't put $10,000 cash into the car then my payments probably would have been ridiculous. Point is, although I'd love some other rims if they're going to run me $2,000 for rims and tires then I don't want to dump it into the car right now. Even though I had the money it was hard to justify spending so much money, when I'm going to transfer to a different school next year and may not need or be able to afford a car like this one.

$800 for rims and pirelli tires with 75% tread left isn't bad.

well looks like you made up your mind, and its a good decision. get a great deal on some rims and tires, wait till after winter..save and get em powder coated :thumbup:

yeah thats a good price, i got mad hookup on my rims and they were still like 700 bucks without tires, thats for 15's

ill sell you some 15x6.5 motegi mr7's without tires for like 250 bucks

spray painted them flat black like 3 yrs ago, ahd some brake problems so they got a little nasty fromt hat, but otherwise they are fine. 10 bucks to respray them and theyd be perfect :wink:

then again, most people put larger then 15's on a wrx lol

Welcome to the WRB club. :mrgreen:

Nice find, and for a decent price. Not really diggin the wheels, but otherwise, it's pretty nice.

You probably have an AccessECU. It's the predecessor to the AccessPort. I'm not well-versed in Cobb stuff, but I was under the impression that the performance gains are similar, but it's not as upgradeable. I dunno. Ask Cobb. :)

I'd also vote against the UTEC. Typically, the people who benefit most from it are those who have access to cheap dyno time, and mod their cars alot. Sometimes, people have been known to do more harm than good, since it's so easy to monkey with the settings on a UTEC.

My vote always goes out to an ECUTek reflash, either custom or off-the-shelf from someone like Vishnu. Pros are, it's not a piggyback like a UTEC, it retains much of the stock "driver friendliness" built into the stock ECU, it tends to be safer for the previous reason, and allows for two unique fuel/timing/boost maps. Con is, if you plan to mod your car alot, most ECUTek flashers will charge a minimum of $100 for a reflash, plus dyno time. The ECUTek is great if you have a goal in mind, get those parts on your car, and then tune for them.

Give me a PM if you wanna chat any more about it. In the meantime, go check out some of the Subaru/WRX boards that are out there.

Don't laugh, I'm seriously considering one this summer....

Don't knock the Cobb AP - a few guys I run with swear by them, and one is running a full-catback/nocats - downpipe, up-pipe, Injen front-mount, CAI, Walboro 255GPH, and a VF34 - putting down 320whp on a Stage 2 map.

With STI injectors and a VF34 Stage 2 map hes expecting 360whp. :ph34r:

Additionally, another one with a milder WRX (AEM short-ram, STI cat-back, up-pipe) made 227hp to the wheels with the Stage 1 map.

Cobb also offers the Street-tuner/Protuner software that allows you to make your own maps. Though not a full standalone, it works for semi-stock to medium power cars.

Of course that doesn't include a certain STI with a T-66(!) and 514whp. :shocked:

He's running a UTEC, but also has deep pockets, and ample time to run at F1 Dyno.

Back