Guess Who?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zerosk8r455

Most of you won't care..but for those of you Christians...ever heard of the band Rose For Ona? Well...the other day..i was at the skatepark..and i noticed these (i hate to use this term) "punk" looking kids...they had on the typical all black clothing..tight black pants with plaid loincloth and converse...my friend who was with me at the time started talking to them when he overheard one of them mention a band he recognized. So we find out they were the band members of Rose For Ona. Pretty cool, eh? Well..after talking to them a bit..they invited us to attend a show they are going to play at in a couple of weeks for free..plus we get to hang out with them and....you guessed it..Norma Jean and hopefully As I Lay Dying...unless the show gets cancelled.

I'm not knocking your beliefs,but punk and christian,is like built turbo and cheap.

:werd:
something is just alittle off

As I Lay dying ....

the band. damnit. They'd likely not do justice to the name.

Faulkner was brilliant.

PUNK???? WHAT THE HELL IS WITH EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT PUNK AND CHRISTIAN??? THAT MUSIC IS NOT PUNK..I DESPISE PUNK...I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT..SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? WHY DOES EVERYONE MENTION PUNK MUSIC WHEN I TALK ABOUT THE BANDS I LIKE??

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 5 2003, 12:18 AM
PUNK???? WHAT THE HELL IS WITH EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT PUNK AND CHRISTIAN??? THAT MUSIC IS NOT PUNK..I DESPISE PUNK...I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT..SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? WHY DOES EVERYONE MENTION PUNK MUSIC WHEN I TALK ABOUT THE BANDS I LIKE??

Um, could be because you start talking about "punk looking" kids (what is punk looking anyway??) and then you say they are in a christian band you like. Sounds to me like you are talking about a christian punk band to me.

no..they do not sing "punk" music...they looked like the stereotypical "punk" kids..tight black pants..black cutoff shirt with a loin cloth with a band name on it..and black converse..dyed black hair...you know the look? but no..they do not sing punk music..it's called hardcore christian..it sounds nothing like punk.

I never said they sounded like punk. I don't know where that come from.

Wow, I guess I am not punk because I don't dress like that.

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 5 2003, 09:59 PM
..it's called hardcore christian..it sounds nothing like punk.

Hardcore as in,"so christrian it hurts" or hardcore as in Converge,Hatebreed hardcore,or Dropdead,Despise you hardcore?

hmmmmm.......i guess i'm not punk either....cuz i wear 2 sizes too big.....and buttom up shirts.....and i'm in a CHRISTIAN punk band.....

Originally posted by punx04 Posted on Mar 6 2003@ 05:35 AM
.....and i'm in a CHRISTIAN punk band.....

Sorry,there is NO SUCH THING,Christians can not take the music they fought so hard to destroy fifteen years ago and call it theirs or lay any claim to it what-so-ever.Come up with another label,that one is taken by ideas that just don't coincede with religion.You can thank the PMRC and the rest of the moral majority for that.

well if your going by the dictionary then i guess i'm wrong but i'm going as jez the type of music and i think as punk as a music style not a label othewise i have to say i play in a christian band that plays at an upbeat tempo and at times screams.....

The only reason I say label is that is how society organizes things so their brains can comprehend them.Punk is way more than a label.I speak that from the heart as someone who has been in it long enough to have seen Black Flag back in the day.To me it is a way of dealing with a world that can't wait to mold you into something acceptable and that it can understand,but people are individuals and shouldn't do what people expect to make others happy.

Back