Guitar Hero 3 Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am about to buy this game from bestbuy... right now it is 80 dollars. Im pumped :)

I am about to buy this game from bestbuy... right now it is 80 dollars. Im pumped :)

I got it for 52 dollars.... Of course I already had the guitars though.

Is anyone else disappointed in the game? The last tier of songs are absolute insanity on Hard, makes it no fun to play for me.

Pretty much the reason I quit... I don't like some of the songs that I can't get past.

i agree with you it is harder, but the GF loves it so it stays. infact shes playing it now im just watching her play before the KU-Mizzou game comes on

My brother has this for the wii a Gibson guitar thing, I really don't get what all the fuss is about for this game. I was not impressed at all, well I liked some of the songs, but as far as game play really boring.

My brother has this for the wii a Gibson guitar thing, I really don't get what all the fuss is about for this game. I was not impressed at all, well I liked some of the songs, but as far as game play really boring.

I didn't have any interest in it at all either, then one day I just showed up at my brothers and we played it for a while. It's really fun to me because it's easier than learning a real guitar, and I just love music so it's fun to try to 'play' some of my favorite songs.

i just downloaded the Halo theme song by steve vai.:thumbsup:damn steve vai is still my favorite guitar player

I finally picked it up on Black Friday.. game and wireless controller for $54.99. It's way better than 2!

Opinions are like assholes! :p

I think there are better songs in 2, but 3 has somewhat easier game play.

I finally picked it up on Black Friday.. game and wireless controller for $54.99. It's way better than 2!
where did you get it at, I was looking for a deal on 3 but all the ads were for 2, but i got lucky a guy was selling his game for 40.

and do you guys like the wireless guitar?

Opinions are like assholes! :p

I think there are better songs in 2, but 3 has somewhat easier game play.

Hmm. Game play isn't different on the PS2 as far as I can tell.

where did you get it at, I was looking for a deal on 3 but all the ads were for 2, but i got lucky a guy was selling his game for 40.

and do you guys like the wireless guitar?

Fry's. I like the official wireless guitar for 2. The "Hammer" guitar for 3 is a little cheap feeling, plus it's smaller.

Actually I find that the hammer-on/pull offs are easier to hit in 3, but they have harder configurations.

There's one song on 3 that you strum the orange, then the blue red and yellow are pull offs, then you have to strum the green. or there is one note that's a hammeron/pulloff amidst 3 or 4 you have to strum.

But on three the notes aren't as bright and pronounced coming down the fret, which on my tiny ass 20" tv, makes it harder to see.

:werd:

Someone said you couldn't, but you can strum for hammeron/pullsoffs in III as well, that's what I do :)

i just downloaded the Halo theme song by steve vai.:thumbsup:damn steve vai is still my favorite guitar player

Yeah Steve Vai is amazing, Have you seen the video of him playing "I know your here" in Denver with the triple neck? Probably one of the coolest things ever.
Have you ever heard of Jason Becker? He was playing Yngwie Malmsteen's stuff before he graduated high school. He's paralyzed now but at one time he was one of the worlds greatest. He's really good friends with Marty Friedman and played with him back in the day. He's got a Myspace, and has all kinds of video's on there.

Yeah Steve Vai is amazing, Have you seen the video of him playing "I know your here" in Denver with the triple neck? Probably one of the coolest things ever.
nope but i did just watch it. i do remember when he came to denver and i had missed that show :(

and i did also watch someone play "the audience is listening" on GH2
YouTube - Steve Vai The Audience is Listening Guitar Hero 2 custom

and fav Guitar he has is the the heart one with 3 necks, 2 on the left one on the right
YouTube - steve vai - fever dream - played on the heart guitar

fav Guitar he has is the the heart one with 3 necks, 2 on the left one on the right

I think my favorite is the white JEM7V. That guitar is gorgeous. I like the one he plays bad horsie with too the JEMM77B. Really though I would kill to have any JEM. I wouldn't play it though, it would probably stay in a display case hanging on my wall. I'd still rock out on my NJ Warlock.

Back