Gunmetal Vx Wheels (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

yes, i know...another set of wheels, but i found them for a good price and they'll be my other set of rims...

or, if someone wants to...they can give me 250 shipping and i'll be more than happy to sell them. they have two good tires...two tires that need to be replaced...i can provide more pics if necessary.

(this is another one of my combination anything goes, for sale posts so i'll just let a moderator decide where it fits best)

s3e469d57af3ab.jpg

isnt this your second set of VX wheels. Is that like your 8 set of wheels? I think you have an adiction.

I thought those were HF rims?

these wheels came stock on vx hatchbacks.

they weigh 9lbs...and i've had a previous set of vx wheels, a set of hx wheels, a set of 95 gsr wheels, and a set of steel wheels, and now i have a set of volks. so these are my 6th set of wheels, although i've sold everything else minus the volks, which is what i'm riding on now.

and to paint them, just use thin coats...it seems to work pretty well. they're not professionally powdercoated, although you can have that done also...these were just painted with krylon.

Damn chet's garage must look just like brians with all the wheels. And damn chet another set of wheels!!!!!!! Boo

*********SOLD********

to a kid locally who is putting them on his honda insight...which is getting a k20 type r motor.

i'll take pics when he completes his project.

imagine, an insight weighing in around 1500lbs...plus 220 hp.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 9 2003, 03:14 PM
*********SOLD********

to a kid locally who is putting them on his honda insight...which is getting a k20 type r motor.

that is awesome. id love to see pics of his progress.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 9 2003, 03:14 PM
*********SOLD********

That thing will be insanly fast. Pull up to a mustang in that and what him shit himself when a "electric car" rips the guys doors off. If he keeps it with the sleeper look (keeping the rear wheel fenders) that would be more of a sleeper than the mopar minivan.

yes, should be insane.

i'll take pictures of this car when its finished...although i'd say its going to be a few months before this happens, mainly because he's debating whether it should get a k-series or b-series motor. he's leaning towards a k-series motor...and i believe that will happen considering he's put an h22a in a crx and run 12's...sc'd h22 in an eg hatch and gone 11.60's...and a few other crazy cars.

Very nice. So someone is actually going to do it huh? Reliable sources tell me that a K block into the Insight is an easier task than the B block... from a physical mounting point of view. That's going to be one hell of a street car when it's done!

what about weight distiribution, Is the handling going to blow once they car finished? Another bad thing about the insight, how much suspention stuff are they going to make for it? Not much.

I don't think it really matters- you can always ballast the rear end until it's balanced out, and you'll still probably be lighter than the original setup. I'm sure they'll make enough suspension items for the Insight that it can still be modded to a fairly fun car. If not, you can custom make some coilovers for it. I'm assuming that Honda would have pulled some parts out of its corporate parts bin to make a good part of the Insight's underpinnings- hell the wheels fit on Civics- so you might be able to adapt suspension parts from another car to it.

guys, i don't think you realize how crazy these kids are. blake fuller is this kids friend, and is currently writing for honda-tuning so pick up this magazine next month. he's putting a crv rear end in an integra to run the pikes peak challenge, which means finding a suspension setup for the insight will NOT be a problem.

like i said i'll take pictures when this is all finished. and darren wilson, the kid doing the swap has insight seats in his crx. pretty badass seats, very different.

i'll take pictures when i go down there next...just to show everyone what i mean about how creative these guys get with their honda's.

i m pretty sure everyone here thought of doing it to an insight... its kinda cool knowing that someone is now doing it! i hope it turns out.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Feb 12 2003, 11:44 AM
i m pretty sure everyone here thought of doing it to an insight... its kinda cool knowing that someone is now doing it! i hope it turns out.

lol, :lol: hell nah, that car was the farthest thing from my mind, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Back