Guys I can't find my reserve switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trinity

I go back like Aqua Net.
Well I just recently bought my first bike and well I did the walk of death because I ran out of gas. I called a couple buddies with bikes and they told me it should just be a switch on the side for the reserve and I never saw it. I eventually even had a bike guy stop to bring me gas and he couldn't find it either. So my question is where is the reserve switch on a 92 gsxr 600? I have googled most of my morning trying to find it and can't. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Trin

there whould be a 3 way switch that allows you to go from "off", "on", "reserve".

if you have a carbed bike and leave it open, you will flood it and can't start it.

yeah thats awesome guys but WHERE is it. I've had 3 people try to find it but they can't so thats why i'm asking lol. Maybe a pic would be awesome.

pm jeffie i know he has a newer one, he might be familiar with the old ones.

also, check out the gixxer forums.

its ok i just went to a cycle place and had them show me. The "cock" was broken off so thats why we couldn't see it. Than you tho for all the help guys.

Last edited:
just for shits...

Petcock.jpg

how were you able to start it with it always "on"?

on a carb'd bike, you are supposed to turn it off when you park.

really? on my 2006 i couldn't leave it on, it would be a pain in the ass to start.

:werd:
you had a sticky float or a bad seal
i always leave mine in the on position on any of my machines

same here, even with my vf500 i just gt done with, I leave it on, no problems.

Actually on my bike its a black plastic switch. The pic you showed resembles the switch thats on my quad more. Beacuse the piece was broken off it was jsut a screw holding on this little cover. I'll have to take a pic to really show you guys.

Back