1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h-22 knock sensor

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by h-22 accord, Nov 11, 2003.

1. h-22 accord

h-22 accord Junior Member

h-22 knock sensor quote:

i am having problems with a knock sensor i replaced it twice and checked the wires and wires are good and when i drive the car and get above 5000 rpm the check engine light comes on and i get a code 23 which is the knock sensor is there anyone who can help me to understand what is going on. i also want to know if the knock has something to do with the vtec.

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

"wires"?

There's one wire to the knock sensor. It goes to D3 on the ECU. Possible causes of your problem:

- You're not running the wire to the correct spot on the ECU. You might not be counting the plugs correctly on the back of the ECU. Should be like this:

D1 D3 D5
    D2 D4 D6

- The knock sensors you're using aren't good
    - Your ECU is bad

Is the knock sensor code being thrown exactly when VTEC engages?

3. h-22 accord

yes it does when the vtec engages

4. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

bad wiring, bad sensor. No other causes there.

5. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

I'm having the same prob with my b16a
    since you have replaced the ks twice I'm going to say it is because of your wiring or possibly your ecu
    I have still not solved my problem but need to soon because the damn cel is so annoying when it comes on every time I drive the car

maybe I'll just take the bulb out :D

6. Accordturbo94

Accordturbo94 Senior Member

of just do it ghetto! Black electrical tape! I did it for my seatbelts! but why not just fix your problem. you ghetto fockers! lol

7. h-22 accord

well i changed the wire and even shilded the wire like it is supposed to be. the good thing is that now the car is running fine and the vtec is engaging like it si suppose to but the check engine light is still comming on and giving me the knock sensor code but the car still running fine by the way did i tell you i put h-22 in a 1991 honda accord i hope someone out there has had the same problem and would be able to help me.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted