"H" braces??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i was checking out some profiles on HondaShowOff.com and came across this one Civic that has an "H" brace. whats the purpose of these things and are they worth buying?

**edit** link removed for red X

Red X. but if I'm thinking of what they are they're frame support, like a strut tower brace, keeps the body from flexing which keeps all four tires on the ground, that leads to tighter cornering.

Brian- I had one:

underbody_med_03.jpg

Actually, I had two- I kept killing them the first time I bottomed out. They work really well to keep your front end stiff, but most of them are built pretty cheaply and are just flat hollow tubing. The first time you hit one on something, it's gone. It also won't clear a 2.5" collector on your header. The main advatage that they give is that they bolt the back of the front subframe together with the inner mount points of your front lower control arms. Most front lower braces just cover the LCA mount points- the 4 point brace is much stiffer. At least until you break it.

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/sedan/2003-...y_All_Banged_Up

dont mean to thread-jack, but do the ebay "h-braces" work? i hink i've asked this question before, but cant remember :shrug2:

To help answer your question 90 Accord I agree with what calesta said when he said that most of them are not constrected the best way. So Im sure they that would work, but for a short time. Like Calesta's experince bottoming out one time he crushed it. My buddy bought a set of strut bars off of ebay for like 80 bucks but you can tell the manufacturer didnt do to much R and D on them. They work still but not as well as they could if they were made with the correct material and develpment. So really to make a long story short, you get what you pay for.

Jeramy

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 7 2004, 04:05 AM
dont mean to thread-jack, but do the ebay "h-braces" work? i hink i've asked this question before, but cant remember :shrug2:

They're basically all the same... there's no brand name on them, and I'm pretty sure they all come from the same manufacturer. Every single one that I've seen is built the same way, has the same quality welds etc...

Back