1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h/g blown?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by crx, Sep 1, 2003.

1. crx

crx Senior Member

funny thing started to happen when i put ampm(always chevron) gas in on saturday, as soon as i finished pumping i started the car and it was running on 3 cylinders, i was like weird. so i pulled over and poped the hood i though a spark plug wire come off or sumin. i checked and its all good, so i take off alittle while later the car starts over heating, temp goes up and down up and down. now some times when i start it, it seems to miss for a min then runs fine, but some times it over heats or starts to. my fan works, the rad isnt leaking, timing is good,plugs are gray/tan, heater works, i figured it was air in the system, so i bled it took the rad cap off and let it idle for like 5 mins, the bubbles never stoped. also theres no oil in the water.

i got this engine(looked very good) and swaped it in to my hf
    i have no codes and im kinda lost

d16a6

thanks
    -joseph

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

you said it was bubbling whne you took the radiator cap off while it was running? That's most likely the head gasket man. Get it fixed.

3. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted