H&R race springs on 15" Si wheels. What size tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meeko

I've got my eyes set on the H&R race springs for my 99 Civic Si ( 2.5" front / 2.2" rear ). I plan on running the oem Si wheels for awhile and if I do go aftermarket, i'll keep the 15" size wheel and probably still run a 45mm offset. 42mm at the most.

With that said, I want to go 205/50/15 but I'm a little worried about rubbing. I know I will be just fine with 195/50/15 but that's a little smaller than I would like to run or will the stock 195/55/15's be just fine?

I've rubbed in the past on my eclipse GS-T and I ended up ditching some very expensive wheels and getting a 2nd set of tires so I really don't want to run into that again.

Thanks for the help guys! If anyone has anything similar to this setup, I'd love to hear about it.

go with the 195/50/15. they won't have as tall of a sidewall and will give you just a touch better handling because the sidewall won't flex as much as the /55.

go with the 195/50/15. they won't have as tall of a sidewall and will give you just a touch better handling because the sidewall won't flex as much as the /55.

right on man. I never knew that. That helps a lot cause the 195/50/15's are a lot cheaper too. Thanks!

Back