H-Series in CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naedeloc

Hello, I have a 90 CRX and I bought an H23A1 out of a 93 Prelude. I had been thinking about the clearance between the hood and the motor. I have looked into Hasport and Innovative motor mounts. at the time they both sounded really good till I found Explicit Speed. Every where I ask they say even the SiR style hood won't work but Explicit says that they have 3/8" clearance between the stock hood and the motor, and yet still has 3 1/2" clearance between the ground and the oil pan on a 2" drop. Asking if anyone has Explicit Mounts for an H series in an EF. Tell me what you think. Thanks

I have no clue on the clearance if your sticking with an H tranny. but the motor should tilt back towards the firewall like in the prelude and the block itself is remarkable close to the b16 dimensions.

doin the same swap into a 91 civic. Let me know what mounts you use.

could be true, do a way custom setup....cowl induction hood on a rex with the h23a1. lol that will give you enough clearance

could be true, do a way custom setup....cowl induction hood on a rex with the h23a1. lol that will give you enough clearance
Really wont have to cowl unless you go H2B or get mounts that make you have to.
Or just fab it up with the current ones.

Back