h series swap into a '88 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aimmotorsports

has anyone swaped the '92-'95 h22 motor into a '88 crx si? i recently ran across a '93 prelude that has been totaled. a full size chevy pick-up hit it in the rear that i can get for $400...

Its possible, Its a heavy motor. May be expensive to get it working running and mounts, I know you'll needs mounts, shift linkage, possibly axels, ECU and convert the OBD. I havent messed with H22's but it will be OBD1 since its a 93 motor. I'd buy that if it were 400 though just to try to throw into somethingm or just resell the H22... Good deal :blink:

i would buy it and try to find a prelude shell for around $1000. H-series swaps are a pain in the ass. even into another prelude. i just don't like doing them. :shrug2:

Go for it man. The engine will fit, although you will need mounts of course. It'll be a harder swap, but not the hardest by any means. I swapped my h22 into my 92 civic, and it wasn't all that bad at all. You'll have a slightly tougher time, but it's not impossible. It's a really good price, and it helps that you'll have everything you need to do the swap ie shifter, cables, ecu, resistor box etc. All the stuff that I spent months looking for. If you have some patience and the confidence and drive to put the engine in, I definitely go for it. You won't be dissapointed, and you'll have one hell of a fast car when you're done.

Back