H swap wiring question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Placer

I will admit I'm not exactly a master mechanic by any means, and if this question has already been addressed I apologize. I just had 20 minutes tonight that isn't devoted to a girl or my job and was hoping someone could help me answer a question or two.

I plan on doing a h22A4 swap into my 1994 ex, I'm getting the motor from a recycling place and got to see the motor running in the car and it runs like a champ, it just had a fender bender and the old owner couldn't repair it after the crash, but the motor is pristine, just kinda bent the radiator. My hugest question is can I use the prelude ECU and wiring harness in my swap, can I just plug the harness into the ECU or is there an intermediate set of wires between the ECU and the wiring harness in the engine bay. I have a p28 and a chipped p28 with crome in it, but I kind of traded the chipped one to someone to help me with the swap, so I'm not screwed if I neeeeed to have one but I would really prefer to just plug and play. My other question is how short or over is the old enxhaust going to line up with the new motor and header, the place I plan on taking it to to have my exhaust bent is a good 40-50 miles away.

Once again I'm sorry if this has been addressed, I normally would take the time and look through the myriad of archived threads for my answers, but I have like 15 minutes before I viciously attack the floor and knock myself unconscious. :sleep1:

Nevermind, looks like I answered my own question, new question though. When I send in the two things to Rywire, do I need the full set of wiring all the way to the ECU from the prelude and just the harness from my ex? That part is still kind of fuzzy. I don't know sh** about wiring so I'm not about to try it myself. *grumbles about another expense with H swaps* Oh well, end result will be worth it.

Back