H1 bulbs, which ones?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmeg6

Im gonna be upgrading my stock H1 bulbs in my TYC 1 piece projectors on my 92 hatch and I was just wondering what bulbs any of you guys would recommend. Im looking to get the whitest and brightest look possible without going the whole HID route. I dont mind if they have that slight bluish look to them either, just as long as they are much whiter and brighter at the same time than the stocks. I was thinking PIAA, I just wanted to hear what everyone has or recommends.

Thanks in advance

the silverstar bulbs have been the brightests I've seen so far. I've messed around with a lot of those japanese hyperwhite and pure blue bulbs but nothing even came close as to light output.

:withstupid: whatever you do dont get ones with blue tinti in them. you will absolutly hate them when it rains out cause it will look like you dont even have your headlights on. trust me i know

Cool, thanks for the input guys! What about the Luminics bulbs??? Ive heard good things about them, just havent heard anything from anyone who has actually had these bulbs installed compared to another aftermarket bulb.

never heard of them

looked at their web page and they look like your standard bullshit rice light crap company to me
fuck them

I've had two sets of luminics...if you're looking for light output then stay away. the ultrawhite ones are okay but their pure blue is horrible. they lasted much much longer than any other ricer bulb I've had but I still say silverstars.

PIAA Platinum Superwhite > Sylvania Silverstar

If you go the PIAA Superwhite route, make sure to get the high wattage ones- they're REALLY bright- but you might want to upgrade your headlight wiring to take full advantage of the extra current draw.

Silverstars are definitely still a very good route to follow. They're very high quality, and they're available just about everywhere. I've never seen too many local stores that sold PIAA bulbs, not to mention the high wattage Superwhites. I always ordered mine.

Right on, thanks for all the input guys! :thumbsup: This has definitely helped me narrow my choices down.

Quoted post[/post]]
PIAA Platinum Superwhite > Sylvania Silverstar

If you go the PIAA Superwhite route, make sure to get the high wattage ones- they're REALLY bright- but you might want to upgrade your headlight wiring to take full advantage of the extra current draw.

Silverstars are definitely still a very good route to follow. They're very high quality, and they're available just about everywhere. I've never seen too many local stores that sold PIAA bulbs, not to mention the high wattage Superwhites. I always ordered mine.
mike suvlights.com sells some 100/130w rally bulbs that you would LOVE :laugh:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! I already have HIDs though... but I'll check it out. Maybe they'll work for the truck and save me the need of retrofitting some expensive HIDs into the headlights!

Back