h22 12:1 compression still not right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I've had my car back for several months. And it still isn't running right. I took my time breaking it in. It has new rods, pistons, sleeves, valves, springs, retainers all that stuff. but now it's having this idling problem. when it's just sitting it's the idle is jumping a little bit and it feels like it cuts out and then it comes out the exhaust. If you listen to the exhaust it makes this kind of poping noise, it's so hard to explain. Sorry i'm not doing a very good job. and then for it not running right, When i get around 5000 rpm is feels like it cuts out again, like it's not getting enough power but it's trying. It's kind of jerky and it hesitates. but then after it vtecs at 5800 then it is ok kind of, but still not great. i haven't yet upgraded my fuel or gotten it tuned since i wasn't sure if i was going to keep it. but i'm going to keep it for at least another year. It wasn't always running this bad, when i first got it and had it broken in it was runnin ok, not wonderful, but it wasn't like this. any ideas what it could be? i'm out of town for another week but when i get back i'm going to take it to the dealer in town, i have a friend that works there, but i'd still like to have some sort of idea, they charge me an arm and a leg to fix stuff . If i needed to have a valve reset they'd not charge me as much to do it, but still, thanks for your help

debi

Definitely MUST be tuned, I recommend Hondata, it's easy to use and VERY effective. You also need to upgrade your fuel delivery system if you're running hi comp pistons. ESPECIALLY if you're at a higher RPM than stock. Good luck with all that bro. Sounds like it could be a nasty build.

needs to be tuned and your running on the lean side by the sound of it which is very dangerous. good luck

Back