H22 and my ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

I did a swap a jdm h22a from a 93 Lude and the ECU they gave me with the swap was a P13. I just looked on hondata's website and they don't have a P13 ECU for the motor I have, they have a whole lot of others but not the P13. So I'm wondering if this is the right ECU and is the P13 an obd1 or obd2?? Cause I read in a post here that obd1 ECU for the h22 only read 1 O2 sensor, however my check engine light came on after the swap and the other day I had it scanned to see what the CEL was on for and it was code 41, which is an O2 sensor and I alredy have 1 O2 sensor hooked up. So I'm a little confused. First of all why doesn't hondata show a P13 ECU and why is the CEL on if I already have the 1 O2 sensor connected?

you might have a bad O2 sensor.

P13 is the right ECU for your H22, but it is not modable. if you want to do a hondata system for your H22 your best to use a P72. Make sure all your wiring is complete before you change out your O2 sensor.

P13 is both OBD1 and 2, but im quite sure you have a 1 or you wouldnt be able to plug in your harness.

Yeah either its a bad sensor after all I did take it off the f22 or I just thought it could be that the technician who scanned maybe entered in a wrong year or model for my car. I wasn't there when he did it.

...why scan an OBD1 car...jump your service connector and find out yourself. its behind your radio. a little 2 wire plug on the drivers side.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah either its a bad sensor after all I did take it off the f22 or I just thought it could be that the technician who scanned maybe entered in a wrong year or model for my car. I wasn't there when he did it.

I looked for the wired behind my radio, but could not find the plug. i have a '92 prelude, but i did see a plug that sounds like what your describing but it is on the driver side by the steering column.

what color are the wires?

i have a 92 prelude too. By the plastic housing for you center console. right at the edge of the plastic on the center console there are 2 plugs. a 3 wire plug and a 2 wire plug. the 2 wire is the one that you want...its further toward the center.

Back