1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 and my ECU

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mozzandherb, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

I did a swap a jdm h22a from a 93 Lude and the ECU they gave me with the swap was a P13. I just looked on hondata's website and they don't have a P13 ECU for the motor I have, they have a whole lot of others but not the P13. So I'm wondering if this is the right ECU and is the P13 an obd1 or obd2?? Cause I read in a post here that obd1 ECU for the h22 only read 1 O2 sensor, however my check engine light came on after the swap and the other day I had it scanned to see what the CEL was on for and it was code 41, which is an O2 sensor and I alredy have 1 O2 sensor hooked up. So I'm a little confused. First of all why doesn't hondata show a P13 ECU and why is the CEL on if I already have the 1 O2 sensor connected?

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

you might have a bad O2 sensor.

P13 is the right ECU for your H22, but it is not modable. if you want to do a hondata system for your H22 your best to use a P72. Make sure all your wiring is complete before you change out your O2 sensor.

P13 is both OBD1 and 2, but im quite sure you have a 1 or you wouldnt be able to plug in your harness.

3. mozzandherb

Yeah either its a bad sensor after all I did take it off the f22 or I just thought it could be that the technician who scanned maybe entered in a wrong year or model for my car. I wasn't there when he did it.

4. reikoshea

...why scan an OBD1 car...jump your service connector and find out yourself. its behind your radio. a little 2 wire plug on the drivers side.

5. mozzandherb

I had no idea, plus I didn't pay for it.

6. keiko916

keiko916 New Member

I looked for the wired behind my radio, but could not find the plug. i have a '92 prelude, but i did see a plug that sounds like what your describing but it is on the driver side by the steering column.

what color are the wires?

7. reikoshea

i have a 92 prelude too. By the plastic housing for you center console. right at the edge of the plastic on the center console there are 2 plugs. a 3 wire plug and a 2 wire plug. the 2 wire is the one that you want...its further toward the center.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted