H22 Cel 23 - Knock Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

Guys, I'm still having this problem with my H22a.
It keeps throwing CEL 23. I've replaced the Knock sensor, checked the wiring, even replaced the ECU (P13). What could the problem be? It seems to throw the code when I hit Vtec or go up a slight hill. Now what I don't understand is whether the code means that the sensor is not operating correctly or there's is serious engine knock going on which is giving the ECU ridiculous readings. I need to figure out a way to resolve this. I don't know what I should be doing next.

Any suggestions?? :shrug2:

Ohmstable

Originally posted by ohmstable@Jun 19 2003, 01:42 AM
there's is serious engine knock going on which is giving the ECU ridiculous readings.

That would be my guess. Have you checked the timing (should be 20 degrees advanced)? Did you install the timing belt correctly? Are you using adjustable cam gears? What grade of gasoline are you running?

Well I've got a regular old timing light so I just time it to the red mark on the flywheel. I've never looked at the timing belt so I guess I should. I suppose it may have skipped a tooth or something. I'm not using adjustable cam gears, everything is stock. I'm running 94 octane. U think the timing belt may be screwed??

check the timing belt, check your wires, check your plugs.

It's got new wires and plugs. I'm going to be doing the clutch on it this week so at the same time I'll do the timing belt also. Anyway know if the tensioner is supposed to be changed every ??? kms??

Back