1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 Civic Exhaust

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ohmstable, Jul 15, 2003.

1. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

Whats a good exhaust setup to put on an 93 H22 Civic? I want to spend as little as possible and want it as quiet as possible. What pipe size, muffler would ya'll recommend? Right now I've got some piece of crap Flowmaster on it with 2.5" pipe from header back without a resonator. It is freakin unusable because it's way too loud. It's actually louder than just open headers!! I couldn't believe it.

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

well i doubt its louder than open header, but keep ur 2.5" piping, anything smaller and ull lose HP, umm try going for a N1 can for a lower deeper pitch, if u still hate that try to get a ... damn dunno who makes it, a canister with 2 2.5" outlets, looks stock, good flow, very quiet. my friend uses on his EF civic with b18c5 swap, keeps it very sleeper and good performance, ill try to find out who makes it.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

2.5 is nice, get a resonator to make it more, quiet.

Milan

4. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

Yeah I'm getting a resonator put in probably tomorrow. Hopefully that will eliminate that loud raspy sound and lower the overall noise level.

5. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

Well, I put the resinator on and its a little quieter but still not enough. I still get that raspy sound on high revs. I guess I'll have to go with another muffler.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted