H22 -> Civic ques

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
I recently purchased and rebuilt an H22A4 Motor to swap into my 00 Civic Ex. It came with an automatic tranny. I also bought a set of Hasport mounts for the H-series into my civic.

My main ques is what more do I need in order to perform a swap? I know i'll need a new tranny, b/c I absolutely hate automatics...but I only have the start of things I'm sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

Originally posted by Xaero3953@Sep 13 2005, 10:23 PM
I recently purchased and rebuilt an H22A4 Motor to swap into my 00 Civic Ex. It came with an automatic tranny. I also bought a set of Hasport mounts for the H-series into my civic.

My main ques is what more do I need in order to perform a swap? I know i'll need a new tranny, b/c I absolutely hate automatics...but I only have the start of things I'm sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D
[post=554078]Quoted post[/post]​

If your tranny is LSD, you should get a few bucks for it on EBAY. It bolts up stock to the Accord and Prelude motors........
If you can see through the axle holes with NO obstructions then it is LSD. I'd buy it for a spare, but I don't need it and I'm broke. It also has a much firmer shift than the Accord.

you're gonna need the obd2 H22 ecu, or a custom chipped ecu
accord/prelude shifter cables
flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing
most likely a combination of your civic axles(outers) with the rest of the axles coming from a manual prelude, including the halfshaft...

thats about all i can think of for now...

fuel rail may need to be modified, perhaps not, depending on which side the H22 gets its feed... might just be a usdm vs jdm issue...

and you'll more than likely need to do some customization on your exhaust...

yea more than 100% likely you will need to do some custom exhaustizing.
Fuel rail shouldn't be a problem.
Get an obd2b to obd1 conversion harness
Get an obd1 socketed/chipped p28; pissedoffsol can burn you a stock p13 chip for $cheap.

Back