1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 civic questions

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 123stojic, Apr 30, 2008.

1. 123stojic

123stojic New Member

Hey guys, I am in the prossess of putting an h22a from a 1992 prelude si into my 92 civic lx. I just have some questions about the ecus and injectors. I want to mess with the least amout of wiring as possible, so could anyone tell me the stuff that is not going to be used with the p28 ecu? From what I'm hearing this is what ive got so far: egr, aib's, knock sensor, resistor box. That stuff is not needed. So if I didnt want to mess with the resistor box, I could get some injectors off of an obd2 h22 wich are saturated, and I wont need the resistor box? Ok, I ve heard soooooooo many different opinions about ecus with the h22a, I want to know which one you would recomend. I was leaning toward the p28, but I dont know if I can just put it in my car and drive it right to the dyno to get it tuned, or if it will run like crap. Thanks for your help, David

2. hondacivicdx92

hondacivicdx92 Hamby

as far as the ecu goes, check out hondata.com. there you can find what ecu's work with what motors.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The only ECU you should be using on any given motor is either the stock one that came with the engine, or one that's been chipped and programmed to emulate the stock ECU's parameters (or a custom setup for built/modded engines).

There are some exceptions, but generally that's a good rule to follow...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted