h22 da swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22da

hey guys. I just finished my h22 swap and it is running and driving but I need some help/advice finish it up. first of all I don't think vtec is engaging. I am running a po6 ecu that is chipped and setup for vtec. The motor and ecu came out of my buddies civic. I pinned in the vtec solinoid and pressure switch to the ecu. do I need the knock sensor wired in with the setup? I found where i think the knock sensor is but i don't know how to connect a wire to it. it's hard to explain but it just looks like a flat surface screwed into the block. Maybe its broken or I have to find the connector from an h22 harness??

Second, for daily driving the car runs like crap with the chip that is in the "race" computer because it was tuned for going all out at the track. the motor has built internals and 370 injectors and a walboro 255 fuel pump. It runs better with the stock b18 computer but will that run the h22 way too lean?? I don't want to blow up my new baby but need a way to get around until I can get a new chip tuned for daily driving.

Finally, what do you guys recommend for tuning? I know hondata is usually the best way to go but that is out of my budget for now. Should I go with a vafc or just stick with burning chips? is out worth it to invest in a wideband o2 sensor? I don't have a lot of cash to throw around right now but I want to know that my motor is safe for day to day driving. I'm good I getting greasy but when it comes to the tuning stuff I havent had much experience. Thanks for the help!

Let me see if I can help out seeing as if no one out of the thousand people on here havn't.

What I suggest is running a stock p13 & some stock sized injectors from a 93-95 prelude vtec, that way you can get some fuel economy & decent drivability. How ever you definatly need to change those injectors to run a different ECU. 370cc injectors & that aggressively tuned ECU is an overkill for what your trying to accomplish.

just saw this and i am sort of new. My 2 cents: the stock h22a from 92-96 runs 345cc injectors, so you'll be fine with the 370s. If you're running a chipped p06, the a/f map may not be the same for the d series and h series. No need to wire the knock sensor if you aren't running a P13 ecu either since P06 ecu doesn't recognize knock sensors. best thing to do would be to tune that ecu to your motor. The money you spend on the tune will be much less than if you were to blow the motor and have to rebuild.

edited for grammar. lol

Back