H22 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 23 2002, 02:27 PM
have you ever thought of doing a crvtec? That is a balls out engine, wont effect handling what so ever but takes a little bit of work. (you have to totally rebuild the engine and also sleve the cylinders.) Read the FAQs about it. Calesta put this frankinstine into his civic and that thing haulls ass

yea you could do that and yea you would own all b series if built right. you cant go i rpm's with a crvtec but yea i would just stick with the h22a

Originally posted by onefastcivic@Dec 24 2002, 10:54 AM
like e-solsi said the suspension will need to be changed. i would say get a gsr suspension with some i rated springs or nice coilovers(true coilovers) go for it man just remember suspension.

hmmmm, so do a complete swap out of suspension if i choose to do the H series motor??? alright, i'll take that into consideration when we do the swap

what are i rated springs??? and what brand do you recommend

if i was gonna get true coilovers im thinkin about using the tanabe sustec pro's... you think those would be a good choice??

Definetly do the H22A2 (not H22A1) swap if money ain't a thang.

Punch out the motor to 2.4 or 2.5 liters, add high compression pistons and drag cams.

Yes you will want to stiffen the hell out of the front end before you put in the 150Lb heavier motor.

Hasport has mounts for $650.

Youll need the prelude cable shifter assembly and will need to custom fit it in.

Keep the dual core del Sol radiator.

Take out the AC, move the battery to the trunk, and upgrade the fuel delivery system to insure all 2.5 liters will be full.

With the AC condenser/fan out of the way its much easier to put in a straight custom turbo manifold.

Lighten all the engine components.

Dont forget the heavy duty clutch and 13" slicks.

It'll be running low 13's high 12's in no time.

Oh I almost forgot, reinforce the passenger side floor pan before the manifold pressure blows it off of the car.

the h22 is only 60lbs heavier than a b-seires, not 150. if that 150 was meant as d to h, im not sure.

if you only run low 13s-high 12s on a bored h22 turbo, you wasted a boat load of money and don't know how to drive.

in a perfect world, what would you drive? my friend had a del sol with an h22 vtec. with basic bolt ons, some tuning, and some slicks, n/a best time was a 12.3. he then built another h22 with boost, first outing w/out traction
was an 11.09. he was furthermore booted from the track because he didn't have a rollcage. he then swapped in a d series and sold it to his neighbor.
the motor is in his next project drag car. due to his medical conditions the car was never completed.
i had ridden in the car the day after he swapped the beast in, and i cant replace the pair of underwear i was wearing. he had upgraded the suspension before the swap to sustec pros so no problem there. the ecu had been chipped before the swap, when the prelude was still on the road. can you say 9000rpms of h22 vtec monster? did i say this car was a street car?!!! this was also occurring back in 1998 when there were no hasport kits. now the kit is in full production, so go buy one. do it! do it! do it! youll have to take my word for it. aloha!

Originally posted by Sol Survivor@Dec 25 2002, 08:59 PM
Hasport has mounts for $650.

It'll be running low 13's high 12's in no time.

i definitly recommend the hasport mounts.. but you can find them cheaper.. i got mine for 545.

and im with pissedoffsol.. if you did all those mods and your only running low 13 and high 12's your driving sux... at sears point raceway(ca) there was a completely stock h22 in a hatch running consistant 13.2

guy iaround here - h22 stock in an EG with a bolt on drag kit ran 11.99 on street tires

that setup should have you in low 11s... me, im hitting 10s :) c ya!!!!!

i agree with you paragus and pissedoffsol... i been in the racing scene for close to 10 years now and when i read low 13's and high 12's on a bored out h22, i almost started laughing cause thats insane... on a 2.5 prelude boosting i would hope to hit at least 10's in that beast [with the right suspension and everything of course]

hey paragus, the h22 civic hatch at sears point... was it blue with a huge LA sticker on the hood??? if so then i know who your talkin about... if not oh well you are very correct cause i've also witnessed a bone stock h22 in a civic hatch hitting 13.2 with my buddy's GF driving the car

oh and let's not forget people this car will be daily driven, so no boring out to 2.5 or nothing of that sort...
:p

ahhhh aiight koo... yeah i live in so cal, but i used to live in nor cali... HERCULES!!! you prolly heard of it, its not too far from Vallejo

Back