h22 dist. What will fit! JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I have a JDM h22 and the distributer went bad. How would i go about getting a new one?(well finding the right one) Just today I had troubles getting the cover. I take it USDMs have a external coil. He ended up having to match it to one in the wells book! And when I called to get prices they said there are two diffrent distribitors made for the prelude! It takes a week to get one and if i get one and its wrong than i have to wait another week, and chances are that wont be right either, judging how i had to go with some other cap. from another honda! So im lost .. would the h23 distributor work! Im lost! PISS ON HONDAS..

You need a whole new distributor? Are you sure? Have you tried replacing the cap, rotor, ignitor, etc. to see if that fixes your problem?

I think the H23's were external coil as well, so I don't think that will fix your problem. The guy you were talknig to was probably talking about the Preludes that came with the shitty F22 engine, and those were internal coil.

I don't see why you couldn't try a distributor from a 94-95 VTEC Accord (engine code F22B1). It should be in stock, and if it doesn't work, take it back.

Yeah It doesnt work! The thing is jamed up. the bearing went! you can move the shaft side to side! almost like a crappy beat turbo. Anyways the ones at Autozone are mostly extrenal coils. And the f22 will not work. i have one and they dont even come close!

92-96 external coil h22/h23
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443097032

97+ prelude external coil
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443413843

97+ jdm h22a
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443428931

give pat a ring if those don't help. i've done business with him just recently and i give him mad props.

look for the part number on the housing... TD61U or something... consult our FAQ for more.... i just put a post about them the other day

I need the TD60.. I dont know why i couldnt get one through autozone! I cant wait to sell this car! WRX soon to come.. it only going save me tickets and repairs! Buy a car that has potenial.. makes more since to me! haha

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Nov 23 2003, 11:43 PM-->
Accordturbo94
@Nov 22 2003, 11:31 PM
WRX soon to come..

Copycat. :p

Just kidding y0.

Well At least we both have the smarter idea! lol kidding you honda gurus! But anyways im wondering if i could use the usdm dist. and just get a external coil! anyone think that will work?? I dont see why it wouldnt or couldnt

I take it back! when i went to bolt it on it was off! who would of thought! They look the same to the eye! haha

my friend has a JDM H22A in his prelude so the distributor cap was cracked when he bough it, so we went to Napa the USDM H22 didn't feet on the JDM one so we had to look around and we found that JDM H22A has the same distributor cap like Honda Del Sol

but I don't know wich one the B16 one
or D16, D15, I think it was the B16 one do,

the distributor cap was exactly like the H22 I don't know about the distributor itself

peace

i have a jdm h22 in my 94 honda accord ex and i am running a usdm dist. all you have to do is get an msd out of cap conversion and run a blaster ss coil and youll be all set thats what i did

ok im nut sure about the dist but i know that the cap and rotor are the came as the one's on a sohc vtec you mught try this.

So yeah I just bought my distributor from distributor king! and i ended up saving 2 dollars! and if i didnt send it 2nd day air i would have saved 25! these guys kick ass! Thanks Distributor king!

Back