1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 dx hatch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jinksys, Mar 15, 2010.

1. jinksys

jinksys New Member

alrite just switched from dsms to honda, i got a 98 ek h22 hatch. its was sputtering for the majority of this week. I changed the spark plugs and wires and at this time wasnt throwing any cel light. so today i went out and got a new distributor cap and rotor hoping that was it, so i replaced them and went head and cleaned out my tb. now im throwing a light and the car will start and then die instantly, i can get it started and it will idle just fine but when i give it some gas it will rev to about 3k and just completly shit out and you can see black smoke coming out the exhaust. did i **** something up or is something wrong, can i get some feedback plz? also i thought maybe itd be the fuel filter or egr valve but when i went to check them i see there is no filter and theres nothing even connected to the egr valve is this how the swap is supposed to be.

2. HA Motorsports

HA Motorsports New Member

sounds like something with the map sensor. Make sure the map sensor ports are clear and that the map sensor is plugged in, etc..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted