h22 ECU Compatability

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenPower86

I want to know which ecus i could use with an h22 swap into my eg

I want to know if i have to use my stock h22a ecu or could i possibly use a p28 ecu reprogrammed by hondata.

Any help is appreciated

you can use a p28, but yeah, if its not going to be tuned it will be off. but for a hondata aplication its fine.
the only problem is, the h22 has IAB secondaires in the intake manifold like the gsr. the p28 cannot control them without a bunch of internal work.

so, either a p13 or a p72 gsr is your best choice, as they both have iab control.

unless you're planning on spending a lot of time tuning it, use the stock P13 ECU. The only thing that sucks about the P13 is that it expects EGR.

Originally posted by radnulb@Mar 11 2004, 10:28 AM
unless you're planning on spending a lot of time tuning it, use the stock P13 ECU. The only thing that sucks about the P13 is that it expects EGR.

..that's right!

And if anyone's interested, I have a few JDM OBD1 P13 reprogrammed ecu's for sale. choice of Spoon or KS-ROM programming.

Hit me up if interested =)

Well the P28 ecu, does not have secondiars. The P13 and the P72 do. If you are running a P28 with out mods to it, then you are not getting the full potenial out of your motor since you are not running the seconds.

The best thing would be to get rid of the H22 manifold and get a AM one. It will make more power and you dont have to use a P13 ecu. Hondata P28 has been working great for me..

You can remove the secondaries from the intake manifold. You can also run with the p13 without the egr. I have a p28 that PYR is going to chip for me. He sets the chip the way you want it unlike the ebay shit. So I'll let veryone know what up in a week.

Originally posted by Knives@Mar 28 2004, 07:42 AM
You can remove the secondaries from the intake manifold. You can also run with the p13 without the egr. I have a p28 that PYR is going to chip for me. He sets the chip the way you want it unlike the ebay shit. So I'll let veryone know what up in a week.
[post=299985]Quoted post[/post]​

The prelude intake manifold comes in a three piece. Are you saying remove the entire middle metal plate, along with the IAB valve. I have a Jun p13 in my 97' honda prelude. When I start the car, there is no pressure in the vacuum line. The butterflies are always open when idling. Is that suppose to be normal? By the way I got my head ported and polished by PYR. They kick ass.

Back