H22 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am running an OBD1 P72 ecu right now for my GSR. I was just wondering if it would be any benefit to put a H22 ecu OBD1 in instead? Would it even fit? :hmm:

No benefit at all, in fact it's a downside because the H22 ecu looks for an EGR valve that doesn't exist on the GSR and thus you will get a MIL code for it (CEL).

unless the GSR is chipped, its probably a poor match for the H22 motor. Chipping it would be both more cost effective and more benefitial than a P13 H22 ECU.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Dec 10 2003, 04:38 PM
No benefit at all, in fact it's a downside because the H22 ecu looks for an EGR valve that doesn't exist on the GSR and thus you will get a MIL code for it (CEL).

EGR valves are required for emissions. How does a P72 not look for it?

If the ECU isn't programmed to run an EGR system, it doesn't run an EGR system. P72s are not programmed to run an EGR system :)

Weird. I was under the impression that most newer (90+) cars needed to have some sort of exhaust gas recircularion system in order to be emissions-compliant.

Learn something new every day. :)

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 11 2003, 12:59 PM
What if it was a chipped P13 running my GSR motor??

As radnub has mentioned, unless the program specifically eliminates the EGR information from the said program, then it's no benefit.

If it does, I sure hope your GSR is built up, because the 2.2 maps are not going to work well for the 1.8

Doh! I feel like a fool for misreading the question!

H22 ECU won't help a GSR. Chip the GSR ECU.

dohcvtec_accord: re - emissions... LEGAL compliance vs sniffing compliance vs looking compliant are all different. There is almost always more than one way to skin a cat - having a present but inoperative emissions system can often be countered with effective tuning.

Back