H22 Eg CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DAallday

Hey i have a 1992 civic cx and i swapped in a 96 h22a into it. The car runs and idles fine but i don't think my vtec is engaging. The CEL is on and the codes are 3, 6, and 21. can someone help. thanks

Check your oil, make sure your gettin enough oil pressure, and check the screen in the solenoid. Thats all pretty common stuff to check.

i'm almost positive the oil is fine cause i put four quarts in there a week ago. i just finished the swap but haven't been able to get my vtec working. thanks

Just a shot in the dark but is it possible that if the coolant temp circuit and the MAP circuit are down that the ecu goes into a limp mode which would not allow the vtec to engage. I know that my h22 will not engage vtec until the engine has warmed up because the oil pressure is not high enough. BTW oil volume and oil pressure are 2 totally seperate things. you could have 10 quarts in there and still be running low oil pressure if there is a blockage somewhere

BTW oil volume and oil pressure are 2 totally seperate things. you could have 10 quarts in there and still be running low oil pressure if there is a blockage somewhere

:werd: The screen on the solenoid is a common place for blockage too.

ahhhh i'm going to sound stupid but the car had an alarm so the fuel system was going retarded. and my vtec solynoid was out and my map sensor wasn't plugged in.

yeah when i bought the car the motor was blown. he said there was no alarm on the car so i didn't bother looking. took me a week to figure it out...not very smart lol

Back