H22 egr valve problem...help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darockjc

I have a 2000 H22 IN A 94 accord. I am throwing a code 12 which is the egr valve. Their are several different parts with the egr stuff like the postion sensor and so on. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what i might need to replace if they have had this problem.
The car will idle fine, but once i hit about 4000 rpm it just dies and sputters really bad. I was told that this is b/c of the egr valve. Also some guy that i was telling me about it also said that it happened to his friend and that his speedometer wasnt working either until he put in a new egr valve. How could this affect it?

Thanks and any info will be helpful.

I would suggest you get a Honda Shop manual ($28 from dealer) and it's much more complete than Chilton or Haynes. Follow their techniques for testing the EGR system.

If the EGR itself is causing the problem, you can alleviate the problem by blocking off the vacuum port for troubleshooting. Also, if the valve itself is not working properly, you will get a code for it.

I don't see how the EGR and Speedometer could be connected.

Originally posted by darockjc@Sep 6 2004, 07:26 PM
I have a 2000 H22 IN A 94 accord. I am throwing a code 12 which is the egr valve. Their are several different parts with the egr stuff like the postion sensor and so on. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what i might need to replace if they have had this problem.
The car will idle fine, but once i hit about 4000 rpm it just dies and sputters really bad. I was told that this is b/c of the egr valve. Also some guy that i was telling me about it also said that it happened to his friend and that his speedometer wasnt working either until he put in a new egr valve. How could this affect it?

Thanks and any info will be helpful.
[post=386718]Quoted post[/post]​

are you constant speed at 4000rpm if so this is probally youre EGR valve that is stuck open (often due to some deposit in the valve itself).

you can try to look at it and see if any carbon stuff are stuck in and clean it.

plus it dosen't cost anything.

Back