h22/f20b hybrid idle and dizzy issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jpeacock86

my problem is my distributor is sparking at the mounting location and when i run a timing gun it skips every once in awhile well actually itll flash constantly then skips a flash then flash constantly then skip a flash again and so on i dont know what the hell is wrong with it its getting a crazy idle which idles up and down constantly like a bouncing type idle and im guessing its caused by the distributor spark issue. please help. i have done everything possible and it still runs like crap...its drivable but like i said not like its suppossed to. its a 1996 accord with an f20b swap its got the h22 dizzy and intake manifold with the h22 iacv and f20b throttle body. ive replaced the iacv thinking it was at fault not it.replaced the map sensor not it. bypassed the fast idle air control not it. bypassed the iacv sensor still no change please help. this shitty town has no professional import shops all they say is drop it off and we will try to fix it and im not going to let them experiment with my car sorry but not happening its like another one of my children and its not gonna be a project or lab experiment so please people help me out i will try to up load a video of it as soon a possible. its got to get out of my peoples shop its been there for almost two weeks and been broke down for almost six months doing the swap help help help help im desperate:mad:

video now youtube finally put it up sorry

:please::please:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjzAmhmgsBQ
video should work now and this is what it sounds like with no exhaust only headers but thats all fixed now im just stuck with this nasty ass idle im trying to fix it now. i have been spending my last four friday and saturday night working on this friggin f20b:confused:

Replaced dizzy with h22 dizzy $400 from A.Z. redid all vacuum still no fix it gets better at idle but when revved up its starts again i dont know what else it could be plz help i am going to take it to the shop if i cant figure it out

ok so we got the car running after paying a honda shop $200 not bad. well he redid some wiring atleast thats what was stated by the mechanic, but the issue im having is when the motor was shipped in as normal the tps was broken so upon install i replaced the tps and sent her to the shop for wiring, got it back and guess what? the tps is broken again but just enough to adjust it further then its supposed to be i guess? so i replaced it again and the car started running like shit again so back to the shop it goes he called today to say he fixed it that it was my fault because i messed with what he already fixed so we drove it home i pop the hood and guess what?its the f*cking same broke ass tps again!
so why is he swapping this out over and over again i have no clue but a new sensor sounds and looks better then a broke one correct? i was taught if its broke fix it or am i wrong?

Back