H22/f22 swap still not done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicbigpimpin

I have major axle bind. It was lowered though and i just ordered adjustable coilovers to try to compensate. I used hybrid axles off of ebay and ebay mounts. I don't believe the whole its the mounts thing. I have read tons of topics about axle probs with expensive mounts and cheap ones. Any constructive advice would help. I will keep this topic posted with my findings. By the way its a h22 head with a f22b2 block and trans.

2011-06-23173005.jpg

2011-06-24081725.jpg

2011-06-24074155.jpg

Can't really lower your ride and if you do it's very minimal do to ground clearance on your down pipe besides the engine is a lot heavier than your typical B-series and your axles will have a lot of stress on them. You should have gone with billet mounts because before you know it you will break them steel mounts. I would also suggest that you solder all your connections because those connectors will break loose. On a swap like that build it the right way or it will cost you more $$$ on the long run.

Good Luck!

Can't really lower your ride and if you do it's very minimal do to ground clearance on your down pipe besides the engine is a lot heavier than your typical B-series and your axles will have a lot of stress on them. You should have gone with billet mounts because before you know it you will break them steel mounts. I would also suggest that you solder all your connections because those connectors will break loose. On a swap like that build it the right way or it will cost you more $$$ on the long run.

Good Luck!
I know them butt connectors are nasty!!!!! I will solder them when i have all my issues done. Not like im going back to d or anything after my hacking it up. its all my passenger axle. I jacked up that side and then the axle had enuf room to get pushed in easy with screwdriver.The engine has crower cams and the block has been built so it is SUPER fuckin torquey(is it a word?) It also has a six puck clutch and its either go balls out or kill it. I should get my coilovers this week so i will let everyone know what goes down.

Back