1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 grating 3rd slightly

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by civic booster, Mar 27, 2009.

1. civic booster

civic booster New Member

i hav a del sol with a h22 when i move the shifter to the left it does not center itself but wen i move it to the right it centers itself as it should and wen changing from 2nd - 3rd it grats if i power shift but if i granny shift it does not grate.. any help wud b appriciated thx..

2. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

don't power shift?

3. civic booster

civic booster New Member

im thinking it has to do sumthing with the little box on top the gear box where it returns the shifter to the center?? help please i race and cannot granny shift..

4. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

There should be two springs on the actual shift lever that return the lever to the center. Each spring provides resistance in one direction. I would make sure that both springs are in place.

5. civic booster

civic booster New Member

cabosse h22 uses link cables and there are no to springs on the leaver there is a box on top the tranny where the cables go that centers the shifter but i jus dont wanna open the box and things jus start to fly out anyone eva had any experience with this..thx tho..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  6. !JDM_EF-9!

!JDM_EF-9! I'm just EF'n..

wat kinda tranny you got??

7. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

The grating is probably the dog teeth worn on the blocker ring of the syncro assembly.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted