1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 H-gasket on h23?

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by ripcord, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ripcord

ripcord New Member

anyone know if the h22 gasket would work on the h23? i know the major differences are places for vtec hard ware oil and what not. if this doesnt work anyone know where i can get a thicker h23 gasket?

2. j_max420

j_max420 Junior Member

the only way to get a thicker headgasket for a h23 is getting a copper gasket from SPC, then you have to oring the block, i had the same problem, i just used stock, wiseco requires .040 piston to valve clearances but i have had no problem running 10-15 psi

3. ripcord

ripcord New Member

gasket

spc? sorry been a bit since i have been into imports a full name or web address would be great. thanks for your help

4. Dmolchanoff

Dmolchanoff New Member

i read in honda tech that a guy took a h23 block and his buddy had a h22 head with bent valves so they put the head on and the oil lines lined up and so did the bolts....if u want to mini me swap a h23 i suppose its easy? so if that all lines up right the head gasket should work!!! here's the website 1996 Honda Prelude Si - Modifications - Honda Tuning Magazine

5. Dmolchanoff

Dmolchanoff New Member

ok i just got done with my mini me swap...there is a pin in your block for the oil line...you take it out with a pair of plyers....simple as that!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted